Green Day - Basket Case

Beneath9

Hey guys!

I've been following this forum for a long time (since March, when joined the G66 waiting list), but haven't really been that active.
This is my first recording with the Axe-FX II, and while the playing and production isn't quite what some of you are putting out,
I am quite happy with the tone.

I recorded direct USB, did two takes, one left one right, and threw it together with this backing track:
Green Day - Basket Case (2) Free Guitar Backing Track

Well, here it is:

I'd love to hear your responses, as well as some advices to make it better.
Thanks,

Emil

PS: LOVING the Axe-FX!

EDIT: And here's the patch.

Attachments

• 1987x Green.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Fetching it from the Axe. Is it possible to make it an attachment?
EDIT: Nevermind. It's up.

Last edited:
Thank you. Should be up in my first post.

Great playing!!!!!!

From a mixing perspective though I have to agree the guitar is too loud. Being a guitarist myself, I despise hearing this comment lol...

Nice job!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: gin
"Ground Control to pack-of-smokes..."

Hey guys!

I've been following this forum for a long time (since March, when joined the G66 waiting list), but haven't really been that active.
This is my first recording with the Axe-FX II, and while the playing and production isn't quite what some of you are putting out,
I am quite happy with the tone.

I recorded direct USB, did two takes, one left one right, and threw it together with this backing track:
Green Day - Basket Case (2) Free Guitar Backing Track

Well, here it is:

I'd love to hear your responses, as well as some advices to make it better.
Thanks,

Emil

PS: LOVING the Axe-FX!

EDIT: And here's the patch.

Hi Beneath9,

Excellent job! Granted, using the Axe-FX II to play a Green Day tune may be akin to "using the Space-Shuttle to go to the corner coveneient-store for a pack-of-smokes," (btw, I can't take credit for this analogy, as I got it from another member on another F.A.S. forum/thread) but well done nonetheless - LOL!

The only thing I heard that seemed like it could be bit different (although my monitors aren't the best/most-accurate :( ) from the original (besides the pro-mastering process which I often remind people of!) is that your clip sound seemed like it lacked just a bit of treble/bite in the "upper-mid-to lower-treble" area (perhaps 1-2 db db from 2KHz to 4KHz) as well as a bit of "sheen" (NOT to be confused with crack-head Charlie Sheen - LOL!) which coud be achieved by putting another 1-2 db bump (PEQ-block?) between 10KHz - 16KHz.

IMO, the gain amount and general-tone/EQ matched-up pretty well!

Well done!

Bill

Thanks a lot, you guys certainly know a lot about this box!
I will definitely try to implement all this stuff in my patch.

I played this with my ESP Eclipse CTM which has EMGs. Might not be the perfect guitar for this tone, but I manage.
Firmware version is 4.0; never got around to updating it again.

Granted, using the Axe-FX II to play a Green Day tune may be akin to "using the Space-Shuttle to go to the corner coveneient-store for a pack-of-smokes,"
Hah, that's brilliant!

Last edited:
As a guitar tone I think it sounds great listening to it on my laptop. Well done you. I've downloaded the patch and I'll give it a go tonight. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for all the kind words. I have tweaked the patch a bit more with the advices I got earlier. Should have a bit more bite and "sheen" ;)
I might rerecord it and repost the patch, if anyone cares?

Back
Top Bottom