GP-100 "Fantasy Strings" Preset

Nice work, Leon! You nailed the original tone from the Geep, and stretched it into new places.

Even though the Axe-Fx is superior in every way, I still kinda miss that golden front panel looking at me from my rack. :cry:

Seems like the old Geep was used by a lot of people who know roll with the Axe. Pretty awesome unit for the time!

Seems like the old Geep was used by a lot of people who know roll with the Axe. Pretty awesome unit for the time!
S’truth. In its day, it was the mostly-unpromoted king of the hill in modeling capability, flexibility and tone. And in the early days of publicly-available Internet, it had an active, friendly and helpful online community.

And in the early days of publicly-available Internet, it had an active, friendly and helpful online community.
If you google Roland GP-100, you'll find the user website is still intact and the domain name might look familiar :). The mailing list is gone now that Sun is defunct, but I've left all the website files in place.

If you google Roland GP-100, you'll find the user website is still intact and the domain name might look familiar :). The mailing list is gone now that Sun is defunct, but I've left all the website files in place.
That was you maintaining that? Nicely done! I lost a few delightful hours with that. :)

Yeah. TBH, I'd forgotten the site was still there until Leon sparked the recent GP-100 interest. His first question was if I still have mine :). But no, I found a good home for it a couple of years ago.

For anyone who hasn't seen Leon's GP-100 video, it's highly recommended viewing.

Back
Top Bottom