Got to meet Cliff

FPFL

Experienced
Friends of Fractal,

I got to meet Cliff today! I was honored.

I've always loved the idea of a guy making something the right way (IMHO)... to an ideal, rather than to marketing price point. Out of respect for his privacy I'm not getting into any detail but there were a couple things I wanted to share as a fan.

1. I was imaging some wizard who lived on a metaphorical mountain, an elder statesman of signal processing... He's younger than I'd have guessed. This is encouraging for the future of Fractal!

2. He's a friendly, down to earth guy, obviously working hard to put AF IIs together in an unassuming shop.

I really don't think you could meet Cliff and say some of the silly, inappropriate things a few folks here have said. I'm thankful that the music community has a guy with his focus all the more after meeting him.

Stay well!

Paul

This surely doesn't sound like the guy who is being greedy and increasing the price of the Axe II and generally plotting how best to screw people over. Are you sure you met the right person? Maybe it was just a facade and you were snowed?

Sounds like a good time either way.

I agree. If you met Cliff or visited Fractal, you would not be saying all the crap/criticism that has been said over the last few weeks. You are not dealing with a faceless multinational publicly traded corporation here. I think it is amazing that Fractal has developed this product and company from the ground up. Simply amazing.

I agree. If you met Cliff or visited Fractal, you would not be saying all the crap/criticism that has been said over the last few weeks. You are not dealing with a faceless multinational publicly traded corporation here. I think it is amazing that Fractal has developed this product and company from the ground up. Simply amazing.

Absolutely agree. Some people are treating Cliff like he is witholding the cure for the plague. Enabled by the facelessness of the internet.

It's much easier to talk $#!+ about someone you've never looked in the eye.

For all of its benefits, it's unfortunate that the internet somehow encourages seemingly normal people to display a complete lack of manners and common decency. The same people would likely never even think of acting this way in person.

I, too, met Cliff today and he seems to be a nice guy who is doing well doing things his own way - nothing wrong with that. No one deserves all of the bashing that this forum hands out.

I didn't ask about Axe Edit, I use the Axe itself mostly. Once you get to know it, AE isn't all that necessary except to load cabs in my use anyway. I like to be there in front of the amp tweaking. Being at a computer feels very disconnected.
AE is a good tool, but I've never liked the computer to pre-amp stuff from anybody. If I wanted that experience, I'd buy one of those software modelers.

Cliff deserves a secret lair with lasers and sharks but it was an unremarkable unit in a regular office park, the kind you've seen everywhere in America, albeit this one is in the middle of the beautiful forests of New England.

I agree, I think anyone who has met him would agree too.

Back
Top Bottom