Got to meet Cliff

I think it's a lot of our business because it's obviously one or the other. It seems logical to ask you guys instead of bugging them by calling them because some of us are thinking of going there ourselves.

Think of it this way, we can keep calling them and asking or someone could answer a simple question so all of us can know. I don't see what the big deal is. Either you spent $400 more than everyone else which is likely or you got it for the sale price. We all know the person spent a lot of money.

jdoll,

i'm politely calling nonesense on your self appointed consumer reports quest. you're enjoying nagging people for some odd reason and you're continuing to miss the point on courtesy, now by choice.

people who live locally or fly in or whatever can and should just contact Fractal. They do write back. Imagine that! Do they need your help to write the email too? Will you be running a shuttle from the airport? Whatever they pay is their business but keep on helping them as you see fit. : )

Paul

You guys are freaking ridiculous and making it harder than it needs to be. I don't understand the drama and the lack of wanting to help each other out. I'll freaking give them a call and bug them. Then I'll be considerate of others and post it here. Jeeze.

PS: Thanks, quonsar for the immature and snotty PM. I'm going to be shocked to find that a lot of you guys are way older than me and still act like boys.

Your opinion, I politely disagree. I won't ask again, but I do feel that people on the waiting list should have the right to know if they can go and pick one up for the sale price. You have no basis for judging my motivations, you can think what you want, but I'm doing nothing other than trying to help people on the forum. I have nothing to gain here by asking.

Last edited:
We have evidence that someone can contact, visit, and purchase an Axe-Fx II directly from Fractal Audio in person. We don't need to discuss it further.

If you contact Fractal Audio and make an appointment, show up with $2600 and you'll be able to cover the cost at either price.

"a right to know" there it is.
i don't believe that there is such a thing in business unless you are a shareholder.

the bottom line is we respect cliff's wishes to share or not share as he sees fit. we are not a backdoor.

honoring the hard work of the creator means more to me than childish fist stomping I've seen from, mostly, impatient strangers on this forum.

i'm glad I had to spell that out for everyone. Courtesy really is dead in public, anonymous places.

We don't have a right to know, but I'm sure some of us would hope that there was a level of wanting to help each other out here. Also, not everyone has their phone number to call.

As for the "Just bring $2600" comment. It doesn't work that way. If it's $2,600, some people will not make the trip. If it IS $2,200, they'll make the trip. That's what this is all about.

You don't think people should be allowed to know their options to purchase a product? It's not like you're expecting to have input, it's asking the price. It's not self entitlement, it's common sense. People trying to buy might want to weigh their options of driving to pick one up or waiting. It doesn't seem like rocket science?

All we're really trying to find out is if we should go and try picking it up to purchase based on whether it's the sale price or the higher price. While we could contact them, we'd rather not bother them more than we already have and ask a simple question that we would hope other AXE-FX players would be willing to provide in order to help others out.

We can get the answers the other way, but it seems more efficient for one person who can easily provide the information to just post it here so everyone can see instead of have 20 of us calling and emailing. It's more trying to be respectful of Cliff and Co. because they're already swamped and we all want them to keep working on making the units instead of dealing with our questions.

If you're that curious about the purchase price and are willing to drive, why don't you just call Fractal for yourself, arrange an appointment, and inquire as to the amount you will be charged? I am sure that everyone who has taken this route has done so.

If I had the means to take a road trip and secure an AFXII for myself I certainly wouldn't feel obligated to let anyone know the purchase price.

Last edited:
I'd like to know if these guys got permission to pick the Axe II up by calling directly or by just emailing fractal sales. I sent an email last week asking if I could drive up (I live in Massachusetts) but I received no response. I know they're busy and I don't want to pester them, but it seems that some people are getting permission to do this and some aren't.

I'm obviously willing to make the trip, but now there's the added price change for "line jumping". I guess I need to be more aggressive and call them directly to get answers. I respect that they're busy and wanted to give them time to respond to my email, but it looks like that ain't happening.

The squeaky wheel might get the grease, but I hate being a squeaker!

Reactions: MNG
Tell me what your salary and house payment are and I'll tell you how much I paid.

Completely different.

Plus, you paid $2,600 or $2,200 or if with cash it was $2,535 or $2,145. Wow...like we didn't know that already. You spent over $2k dollars, we all know that. Get over yourself. Everyone has something stuck up their butt here or something. I don't freaking get it.

Wow...like we didn't know that already. You spent over $2k dollars, we all know that.
So why are you pushing so hard to find out what someone else paid?

Takes some stones to tell someone to get over themselves when you're the one going batshit because someone won't tell you what they spent on an item.

Sorry if I act more mature and considerate than you.

I'm not going crazy over it. I'm sitting here all calm and I can call them when they're open again. I'm more amazed at the lack of maturity and consideration from guys twice my age. I'd be ashamed to have some of guys as my father.

Your reading comprehension is poor as well. We've already stated why we want to know and it's a rather simple request.

I'm done though. I can't waste my time with adults that act like children still. I'll be back when I get the info from Fractal.

Last edited:
I'd like to know if these guys got permission to pick the Axe II up by calling directly or by just emailing fractal sales. I sent an email last week asking if I could drive up (I live in Massachusetts) but I received no response. I know they're busy and I don't want to pester them, but it seems that some people are getting permission to do this and some aren't.

I'm obviously willing to make the trip, but now there's the added price change for "line jumping". I guess I need to be more aggressive and call them directly to get answers. I respect that they're busy and wanted to give them time to respond to my email, but it looks like that ain't happening.

The squeaky wheel might get the grease, but I hate being a squeaker!

Same here I sent a email but did not get a response so just taking that as a "no"
That's OK I'll get one in time.

It should not have been our business that you went and picked up one in the first place.
You decided to tell (brag as other may see) about it, then when people ask about it, all of sudden it's not their business.

I agree. The whole thing should be nobodies business and be quit about it.. I am guessing that's why Cliff asked you to not to discuss it.

Most people only interested in you getting one if it was from the waiting lists, because they want to know, when they will get theirs.

They are not interested in tricks and special deals.(IMHO)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom