Gordius or Mc101?

Fabiohero

Hi,
I'm confuse,please help me in this Hard decision!
It s better the Gordius or the fractal midi pedalboard?
Thank

Best Regards

Fabio:twisted

I absolutely love the gordius. It really is the axe fx of midi controllers. It is extremely powerful and complex; definitely has a learning curve to it. I prefer its unconventional layout to the MFC and its ilk.

That being said, the way the MFC works with the axe looks very cool. Love the multi color LEDs as well. I'd take some time to read the manuals of both and see which one would suit your needs better.

Hi,
I'm confuse,please help me in this Hard decision!
It s better the Gordius or the fractal midi pedalboard?
Thank

Best Regards

Fabio:twisted

It all depends what you want from a footcontroller. Make a list of all you wishes and then see which one suits you the best.

I'm not a midi geek, I just wanted to get the most out of the axe without hours of programming. for that the MFC cannot be beaten. if you want a more universal midi geek tool, its a different story and I have no idea which is better there.

Thanks at All for the answer!
Now i'm use for the first time the midi and a rack system,So I find the easiest to use between the 2 pedals ... surely you know more than me.
Thanks again and best regards

Fabio

Once the version 3 firmware for the Gordius is released (August is the latest target date), I'll be using the Little Giant. If I didn't need so freaking many presets (by presets I mean command strings; the Gordius will soon support about 1000), I'd easily consider the MFC. The MFC has many Axe-specific functions the Gordius lacks, but the LG will be, IMO, the ultimate general-purpose controller sometime this year.

I'd guess that the MFC would be the better choice for most Axe-FX users.

Thanks Man,
I see the Gordius is fantastic! The little giant is perfect for the misure...but i understand that is most simple to use the fractal Mcf.

Greetings from Roma and Thanks thanks to all people!

Fabio the Guitar Hero

The MFC has many Axe-specific functions the Gordius lacks

What functions would that be?
Looking for a decent controller as well, the size of the LG is one of the things i really like
But what funtions does the MFC have, wich you coulnd't get out of the LG?

The out-of-the-box experience with the MFC+AxeFx is hard to beat since you can immediately start changing presets and switching IA's while seeing preset names etc on the controller.
That being said, the LG is a pretty awesome piece of device. AFAIK there isn't anything that you can do on the MFC that you cannot do on the LG although the opposite has been true.
When it comes to compactness, the LG has the MFC beat and future updates to the LG[2] look very promising. It is also possible that in the future the LG might support the same instant gratification experience that the MFC does.
Furthermore, the LG is a USB MIDI device with two in/out interfaces and ironically enough, I have been using my LG to update my MFC :)
Out of the two controllers I find that I have been using my LG more. This has been mostly because of compactness but also due to some lack of features in the MFC - all of which where addressed in the latest update! So, who knows :)

What functions would that be?
Looking for a decent controller as well, the size of the LG is one of the things i really like
But what funtions does the MFC have, wich you coulnd't get out of the LG?
Since firmware 3 for the LG is going to change the unit radically, I can't say what will or won't be supported. Currently, my LG is useless to me (not nearly enough presets). When ver 3 is released, I'll certainly dig in to every detail and it will become my sole controller. Once proven, I'll buy a backup.

It could not have been summed up in a better way:

It really is the axe fx of midi controllers!

I love my Little Big Giant and wouldn't trade it for anything. It's like the AxeFX, it can do anything you want it to do! And Xavier is stellar on support!

I would have to go with the MFC-101. First, the LG just does not seem as durable or roadworthy. The metal and switches of the MFC are like a tank. Another thing I know about the LG is that you must use a computer to make any changes. With the MFC, you can modify your setup on the fly, on the floor, at the gig. This is great if you need to make a minor change. Also, the MFC always seems to have updates that tie right in with axefx updates, like how it already supported the Axefx 2 from day 1. It is by Fractal after all! The things that the LG does that the MFC does not do are not as I see it, mainstream needs. A very small percentage of players would need more than the mfc offers. Unless you are a one man band, or doing looping, or more into experimenting with gear than playing, the MFC seems to be a smart choice. I think it is cheaper too?

Back
Top Bottom