Good presets and effects to use when playing acoustic

msmith886

Inspired
I am loving the ax 8 and especially for my shows where I do electric on. I have some acoustic stuff coming up and wanted to ask if anyone uses it for them and what all presets or effects you use when you use your acoustic ?

If it's a gig where you don't know what's going on at FOH - compressor, PEQ, and reverb are critical to great acoustic guitar sounds. The Studio Compressor type specifically, and probably the Rec Studio C or Medium Room reverb. If FOH has the gear and the knowledge, let them handle it.

I prefer a natural dreadnaught sound so I don't add effects that are popular at acoustic lounge gigs, like chorus and delay.

I mainly use a HD28 Martin and usually in my old rig I would use delay, boost and a wah for some acoustic shows sometimes.

I just made a patch for solo guitar supporting a singer with studio comp Amp (Tube Pre), Enhancer, Rich hall reverb and stereo tape delays (the delays was probably over the top, but I liked it)

I also heard somebody recommend tape drive in the drive block. For some things, that might not be half bad.

I use the PEQ to dial in my acoustic, all cuts no boosting. Very articulate. If I need ambiance I add a parallel chain of multi delay.

Back
Top Bottom