Good guitar/cab emulation plugin?

rsf1977_again

Power User
Hey guys I'd like to find a good guitar/cab emulation plugin. What's sounding good these days other than the AxeFx? I'm going to use it with Ableton 9 if that matters.

I got a copy of Redwirez IR when I purchased their cab pack many moons ago... It is still my go to if I want to have large cab control when using Amplitube. Don't know of any others.

ReCabIII is floating around (free) in some circles... but I wouldn't now anything about that.

If you are not in a screaming rush, I think FAS is working on something like that. "Soon" :)

Up top he asked for a "good guitar/cab emulation plugin". Cab lab live can work as a guitar cab emulation plugin. After my post he clarified that he wanted an amp sim/cab sim. So no, that is not what he is looking for, but the other two people who responded before me read his first post exactly he same way I did.

I don't know if you're talking about free only ... but AMplkitube and Guitar RIG still been the best as VST Plug-in .
Then today are growing some new companys ... Bias from Positive Greed and EZ MIX from Toontrack ( the same company of EZ DRUMMER2 and Superior Drummer 2 ) ...

It depends really wht you mean with good ... recording wise ... My opinion is tha nothing is like the Axe FX 2 ( I use it direct , not as a Sound Card ) or the Real Things but the last needs a lot of work and aknowledgement to proper recording

I'm just looking for some convincing and not terribly complicated to dial in high gain tones. Decent crunch and clean are nice but very secondary. i also don't want to really spend more than $150

Back
Top Bottom