Good Amp Selection for piezo?

deakle

Experienced
I have a PRS P22 with separate outputs for the magnetic and piezo pickups. I want to build a preset utilizing inputs 1 and 2 so that I can use both outputs at the same time. Any suggestions on a good amp model choice for the piezo pickups? One of the Fender models perhaps?

I don’t use an amp block. Electric guitar amps inherently limit the frequency spectrum. Acoustics are typically plugged straight into the PA system and just compressed and EQ’d, so no difference here. If you’re thinking about an acoustic guitar amp, those are really just mini PA systems, full range speakers. They don’t create tone the same way an electric amp does.

That said, you can try the Tube Preamp model since the Amp block includes a bunch of EQ and other tone options.

I just use a PEQ, Multiband Comp and that’s it. Adjust the level of either block to make it loud enough compared to my electric amp sound.

Yeah, if you want the push from an amp, the Tube Pre is the way to go. It's not so much a guitar amp as a general-purpose tube preamp.

Thanks guys! As always, someone on this forum is ready and eager to help! If only the world in general was like this.

I'm using a piezo as well, on a PRS. Rather than use an EQ block I had better luck with tone using the super reverb amp block, no cab block. My scene is input / compressor, (mild compression) / pitch, (added slight octave for a little 12 string sound) / super reverb amp block, (set to desired tone) / reverb, (mildly set for ambiance and fullness) / out.

I'm using a piezo as well, on a PRS. Rather than use an EQ block I had better luck with tone using the super reverb amp block, no cab block. My scene is input / compressor, (mild compression) / pitch, (added slight octave for a little 12 string sound) / super reverb amp block, (set to desired tone) / reverb, (mildly set for ambiance and fullness) / out.
Thanks! I’ll give the Super Reverb a try. Right now I’m using the tube preamp. Also, I had not thought about not using a cab. Thanks for the tip!

cabs reduce frequency. acoustics are full-range, so in general cabs don't help the sound. unless you want it to sound like an acoustic through an electric guitar amp - some are used to that sound, but a full-range acoustic is usually much better.

again, acoustic guitars don't "need" an amp the same way electric guitars do. but as always use what sounds best to you.

I don't think modeling an Acoustic Amplifier makes much sense, but what about the Acoustic Body Modeling stuff like the TC Body Rez and the Fishman Acoustic Aura Spectrum?

I don't think modeling an Acoustic Amplifier makes much sense, but what about the Acoustic Body Modeling stuff like the TC Body Rez and the Fishman Acoustic Aura Spectrum?
I downloaded an acoustic preset, for my II XL +, that had an IR, in the exchange. Unfortunately it was a full preset and I never exported the IR block.

Back
Top Bottom