Goliath Chorus Tone - Help Me Out

bigswifty

Inspired
Hey fellas,

So, I've been after this sound similar to the patch echoing in the background of the chorus
Karnivool - Goliath:
Karnivool - Goliath - YouTube

Starts at 1:02.
For that matter, any tips on acheiving a similar bass tone or that tone that kicks in :49 would be great.
All for the Ultra, of course ;)

Cheers,
Dev

Ahh it worked!
Cheers my friend, I read these boards much more frequently than I post,
but it seems that you've got quite the ear and are tech saavy with the Ultra.

I'm still learning step by step how to use it, so trying out tones with heavy effects is quite daunting.
Thanks for taking a look!

well i had a good listen and in the first chorus, i hear 3 sounds. a clean tone which has some delay on it, a single note lead line and a repeating single note figure.

there's nothing really effects driven here, as far as i can tell. just minimal delays and chorus to enhance a few sounds and make them a bit more lush. it's the layering that makes it interesting and sound more complex than it really is (a skill in itself)

there's a nice sound at 2:55 as well...a gritty mid gain sound with some light chorus on it

as for the guitar sounds themselves, i have no idea. if you can find out what amps the band uses, that'll get you a step closer and then it's just use your ears, i guess!

sorry i can't be more help!

sim

ps - cool band, by the way...not heard of them before...i shall away to spotify and check them out presently...

Last edited:
well i had a good listen and in the first chorus, i hear 3 sounds. a clean tone which has some delay on it, a single note lead line and a repeating single note figure.

there's nothing really effects driven here, as far as i can tell. just minimal delays and chorus to enhance a few sounds and make them a bit more lush. it's the layering that makes it interesting and sound more complex than it really is (a skill in itself)

there's a nice sound at 2:55 as well...a gritty mid gain sound with some light chorus on it

as for the guitar sounds themselves, i have no idea. if you can find out what amps the band uses, that'll get you a step closer and then it's just use your ears, i guess!

sorry i can't be more help!

sim

ps - cool band, by the way...not heard of them before...i shall away to spotify and check them out presently...

Thanks for the info mate :)

I guess i'll have to look into it in more depth once my guitar is fully functional again.
Glad you're checking out the 'Vool though, they're really a musical experience not to miss!

Back
Top Bottom