Going from hairy clean to really mean with the guitar volume

That is quite mean, my friend. Very good range indeed.

I have something like this with the Eggie, that goes from almost completely clean to a pretty strong overdrive, but it does not get as mean as this. Maybe if I turn up the gain it will do the same range. The Eggie is pretty dynamic.

Yep, another fine demo from the master of dynamics ;-)

Axisman5150,

thanks for the link.
I've found tons of useful stuff at singlecoil.com

Awesome demo! I have precisely 0 skill with using volume to control the tone. I've seen some guys do it really well on the fly as a single guitar player in a cover band, but I do not posess that kind of talent.

On a side note: Is it just me or is this video a mirror image? It looks like it's flipped horizontally... aside from looking strange, I didn't think you were left-handed and the amp name in the background is backwards.

Sidivan said:
On a side note: Is it just me or is this video a mirror image? It looks like it's flipped horizontally... aside from looking strange, I didn't think you were left-handed and the amp name in the background is backwards.

Yep it was recorded with the webcam of my iBook in PhotoBooth, which does that automatically. Apart from the fact that it makes my amp into a rengoB, the quality is quite Ok.

MisterE said:
Hunter,

how are the Hamer pots for volume swells?

I cannot judge, I never use this technique, too subtle for my taste, I'm more the Killswitch kinda guy :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom