GnR Mr. Brownstone

oacikgoz

Inspired
Hi guys,

I've been away for a while and haven't been playing. Here is my first tone-matching after almost 6 months. This is part of Mr. Brownstone by GnR. I wanted to get your feedback before I finish the whole thing.

I used Marshall AFD and a tone-match block, pretty simple really. I also experimented with "Auto-wah" but I'm not a wahwah guy, so I kind of screwed it up :)

What do you think?

https://soundcloud.com/oacikgoz/mr-brownstone-sound-check

I think it sounds great. Tone sounds sweet. The only thing I really hear is it sounds a bit too direct. Maybe just a hair of room ambiance on the guitar.

I think it sounds great. Tone sounds sweet. The only thing I really hear is it sounds a bit too direct. Maybe just a hair of room ambiance on the guitar.

I think I see what you're saying. I'll add some more reverb. But notice that in the last 3 seconds, the original guitars (Izzy's I suppose) come in and they sound pretty direct to me. You don't think so?

They are pretty dry on the record but have a bit of room sound to them.

Going back to the original, some of that is actually a flanger being used where you are using a wah. The actual wah is a lot subtle.

Listen to the left and right separately.

Back
Top Bottom