GM unveils a radically new Corvette

but if you compare it to the LaFerrari or even the 488
Ah, look at that. That La Ferrari does have a similar geometry. Freaky.

As for drift: turning 90º on to the highway? I don't think every driving motion in street traffic demands a point-the-car-with-the-wheel approach.

I'm really hoping the release of the C8 will allow me to rescue some poor lonely discounted C7 Grand Sport from the unwanted section of the dealer lot. If not, I can wait a while for all the bugs to get ironed out, the styling just doesn't make me want to be part of the Beta test group. Maybe when I see one in real life I'll change my mind...

I'm really hoping the release of the C8 will allow me to rescue some poor lonely discounted C7 Grand Sport from the unwanted section of the dealer lot. If not, I can wait a while for all the bugs to get ironed out, the styling just doesn't make me want to be part of the Beta test group. Maybe when I see one in real life I'll change my mind...

The styling may not, but the handling should.

I know I had been looking at C6s when the C7s came out, and I was thinking the same thing. The reality was that I never really saw a drop in prices on the C6s, beyond the normal age thing. There wasn't a pile of C6s showing up either. Just the occasional garage queen from someone that wanted the latest toy, and they didn't sit on the lots. Maybe that's just around here though.

I have one of these in the garage but it needs a new motor:

13158306-1962-chevrolet-corvette-std_f.jpg

Maybe. At this point in time any real sporting car will have more capability than you'll ever need on the street. As blasphemous as it may be, I much prefer my Miata for track time. Sure the Corvette is faster, but the Miata is just more fun.

Blasphemy is people hating on the Miata who haven’t tracked one. The Miata is easily one of the greatest cars ever designed. I’d take a Miata over any vette at the track. Very hard to beat from a pure driving standpoint, and as you said, just so much fun, like nearly shifter kart level fun at the track.

The vette always get’s the “best bang for the buck” designation vs. the exotics, and rightfully so... but from a pure driving (track) standpoint, I can’t think of a better bang for the buck than the Miata (excluding karts).

Back
Top Bottom