Global Settings Across Presets?

Hi all!

I’m relatively new to the Fractal world with the FM9 being my first modeler and had a quick question.

I’m building presets for a tour in Europe next year and am doing one preset per song. I tend to use the same rhythm sound in each song. The issue I’m having is that if I decide, for example, that I need my noise gate to be tighter in the venue today than I did yesterday, I seem to have to adjust the same gate block on every single preset. I wanted to know if there is a way I can adjust a block setting and have it apply across the board to each preset. The same issue applies if I wanted to adjust the amp settings for a certain room - do I have to go to the amp block of all 5 songs (presets) and make the same adjustment?

I’m aware of the concept of saving blocks in your library, but as far as I know I still have to then go to each preset and re-apply the block I’ve just made changes to in order for the block to be set the same in every song’s preset.

Let me know if that makes sense and if there’s a way to achieve this.

Thank you!

You'll need to sync your changes manually across presets.
The FM9 does not have "GLOBAL BLOCKS" -- an Axe-Fx III feature that keeps specific block(s) updated across multiple presets.

Depending on how many presets you're using, you can copy/paste changes at the block level very quickly and easily using FM9 Edit.

The Axe-Fx III has a Global Blocks function that would do exactly what you describe. Unfortunately that isn't available in the FM3 or FM9.

However, if you are using the Gate in the Input block, there is a Global 'Noisegate Offset' parameter to globally increase or decrease the Threshold parameter. You can add this control to one of the Performance pages for quicker access.

There are also global 'Reverb Mix' and 'Effects Mix' controls that can also be added to one of the Performance pages. You must select which effect blocks that you wish to allow this control to affect the Mix of, in each preset.

Last edited:
I wanted to know if there is a way I can adjust a block setting and have it apply across the board to each preset. The same issue applies if I wanted to adjust the amp settings for a certain room - do I have to go to the amp block of all 5 songs (presets) and make the same adjustment?

There’s not much you can do from the front panel to make it apply to all presets, but from the Edit application you can do bulk changes across multiple presets.

• Added Parameter Batch Set functionality. The Parameter Batch Set command back can be activated by right-clicking on a parameter while holding down SHIFT to display a context menu and selecting "Set In Multiple Presets". Selecting a sub-menu item will display the Preset Picker from which you can multiply select presets to batch set the parameter value.

There’s not much you can do from the front panel to make it apply to all presets, but from the Edit application you can do bulk changes across multiple presets.
I appreciate everyone’s help! I’m going to look into this one specifically.

It’s a bit of a bummer that Global Blocks don’t exist in the FM9 because it seems like such a performance based unit, but I can work around it. I already have the performance page set up to have basic amp EQ settings + noise gate block so it’s not a huge issue, just a bit of pain to have to reach down and make the change and cycle through each preset doing the same thing and re-save them.

If it can be achieved in FM9 Edit like Greg suggested, I can try to have my laptop on stage during sound checks to make global changes ahead of our actual set.

Back
Top Bottom