Global Rock Jam No*1

1) 0:00 - 0:32 OldHairyOne (played)
2) 0:32 - 1:03 Gira (played, Axe-Fx)
3) 1:03 - 1:28 DonPetersen (played)
4) 1:28 - 1:59 Mork (yet to play)
5) 1:59 - 2:24 FenderBender (yet to play)
6) 2:24 - 2:44 Hyderipper (yet to play)
7) 2:44 - 3:15 Jethro (yet to play)
8) 3:15 - End Chapelizod (yet to play)

Here

:0 Stunning solo! I'll post mine tonight.

Here's my take. Great jam so far guys, over to you Mr Bender.

01 GRJ mork.mp3 - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

1) 0:00 - 0:32 OldHairyOne (Played Guitar rig 4)
3) 1:03 - 1:28 DonPetersen (played, AXE-Fx)
4) 1:28 - 1:59 Mork (played POD XT pro)
6) 2:24 - 2:44 Hyderipper (yet to play)
8) 3:15 - End Chapelizod (yet to play)

1) 0:00 - 0:32 OldHairyOne (Played Guitar rig 4)
3) 1:03 - 1:28 DonPetersen (played, AXE-Fx)
4) 1:28 - 1:59 Mork (played POD XT pro)
6) 2:24 - 2:44 Hyderipper (Played - Triaxis, G-Force)
3:15 - End Chapelizod (yet to play)

Great stuff guys! Here's my section. Seems the times came off a little since it started but it's still close.

RockJam Part6.mp3 - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

Readable list hehehe

1. 0:00 - 0:32 OldHairyOne (Played Guitar rig 4)
2. 0:32 - 1:03 Gira (played, Axe-Fx)
3. 1:03 - 1:28 DonPetersen (played, AXE-Fx)
4. 1:28 - 1:59 Mork (played POD XT pro)
5. 1:59 - 2:24 FenderBender (yet to play)
6. 2:24 - 2:44 Hyderipper (Played - Triaxis, G-Force)
7. 2:44 - 3:15 Jethro (yet to play)
8. 3:15 - End Chapelizod (yet to play)

Hyde you got the best section to play over and you did'nt blow it. Great solo man the legatos were spot on.

Great takes men!
You can hear it's a jam but it's really song-ish if you know what I mean.

BTW: what happened during Hyderipper mp3 compression? There has been a big drop in sound quality.

Last edited:
Thanks Mork!
@GiRa Hmmm didn't notice but I'll check. It honestly wasn't that great when I got it. The first few solos were a little hot and lowered the rhythm track I noticed. I did normalize it because of that using Nuendo. I'll check if there's a quality setting on the normalize. Gonna be difficult to keep mp3 quality consistant with 8 different people re-encoding it.

Yeah it's that "me" syndrome all us guitar players suffer from :) OK I uploaded a new version. Kept it as simple as possible. Took the mp3 Mork uploaded, pulled it into Nuendo, lined up and mixed my part and re-encoded it at highest quality 192kb.

I think you'll find my mix was perfect you guys were the hot ones :) I was on about 9 1/2 you were all on 11 ;)

Jethro no problem enjoy your vacation the jam will be waiting for your return.

I recorded mine this afternoon, only to find that my track had sped up and pitch shifted in logic because I had set the project to 48khz. Bah! Will re-record tonight or tomorrow. This has been fun, though, glad I signed up!

I think you'll find my mix was perfect you guys were the hot ones :) I was on about 9 1/2 you were all on 11 ;)

Jethro no problem enjoy your vacation the jam will be waiting for your return.

Yeah that was one thing I did on my original upload was ramped up the overall volume a little where your solo came in just to try and level things a little. We could all just send our solo tracks and an mp3 of our mix/timing to you ;) to mix with the original track. I could even do it for that matter. It's all good though. It's really cool collaborating with guys from around the world without leaving home. My how times have changed.

Yeah that was one thing I did on my original upload was ramped up the overall volume a little where your solo came in just to try and level things a little. We could all just send our solo tracks and an mp3 of our mix/timing to you ;) to mix with the original track. I could even do it for that matter. It's all good though. It's really cool collaborating with guys from around the world without leaving home. My how times have changed.

I had the same thought.

when this is done there should really be a remix of some kind to avoid the 10 times of mp3 encoding, to balance the levels a little more and to get some sweet sweet UAD LA2A buss compression between -1 and -3 to make to overdubs sound more in the mix instead of 'added on the top'.

This and the previous are (IMO) the best threads on the fractal forums. I wish I had enough time to participate. Rock on, gents. I'm enjoying it immensely.

Wow thanks Banjoze I'll defiantly save you a spot on the next one.

Back
Top Bottom