Wish Global Output Block options...?

Output EQ and the output level knobs are global by nature. What other options are you asking for?

Output EQ and the output level knobs are global by nature. What other options are you asking for?
Thanks Rex, as an example... Depending on which band I'm playing with, sometimes we do 3 hour shows and I have 25-30 Presets for each song. They all use the same Global Amp Block. Sometimes I have to boost or cut the Scene Level 1-8 On the Output on the fly by +1 or -1 DB with the Increment-Decrement Midi Command... If I had a Global Output Block they would all remain the same across the presets for that particular show as I change presets for songs... I hope that makes senseo_O

Thanks Rex, as an example... Depending on which band I'm playing with, sometimes we do 3 hour shows and I have 25-30 Presets for each song. They all use the same Global Amp Block. Sometimes I have to boost or cut the Scene Level 1-8 On the Output on the fly by +1 or -1 DB with the Increment-Decrement Midi Command... If I had a Global Output Block they would all remain the same across the presets for that particular show as I change presets for songs... I hope that makes senseo_O
I think I get what you're saying. You have to change the level of one scene relative to another on the fly, right? With 25-30 presets, what are the chances that all of them will need the same amount of boost or cut for a given scene?

I think I get what you're saying. You have to change the level of one scene relative to another on the fly, right? With 25-30 presets, what are the chances that all of them will need the same amount of boost or cut for a given scene?
Yes, thanks Rex .. The Presets all have the same Global Amp and Global Cab... the Scenes are all laid out the same as far as Clean-Crunch-Solo-Solo Boost...etc.. When we're playing large venues, the Stage Volume and Inherent Obscene Sub Woofer Levels are Insane... On Occasion, as an example... I need to Boost the Solo Scene Level, which works perfectly for that particular Preset... But when I go to the next Preset it I would need to Boost the Level of that Solo Scene again.. If I had a Global Output Block it would Change all the Presets at the same time..
Not a big deal... but it would be handy... we have a bunch of tribute acts and I use specific Global Amps and Global Cabs for each one..

Yes, thanks Rex .. The Presets all have the same Global Amp and Global Cab... the Scenes are all laid out the same as far as Clean-Crunch-Solo-Solo Boost...etc.. When we're playing large venues, the Stage Volume and Inherent Obscene Sub Woofer Levels are Insane... On Occasion, as an example... I need to Boost the Solo Scene Level, which works perfectly for that particular Preset... But when I go to the next Preset it I would need to Boost the Level of that Solo Scene again.. If I had a Global Output Block it would Change all the Presets at the same time..
Not a big deal... but it would be handy... we have a bunch of tribute acts and I use specific Global Amps and Global Cabs for each one..
Understood. Yours is a rare case, but it’s a valid wish.

You could maybe add an extra vol/pan block to each preset and assign its level parameter to a manual controller. Scenes would let you pick when the block is on or off and the manual controller should let you set the level of boost or cut across multiple presets. The modifier MIN and MAX settings would let you set the range of adjustment you need like maybe -3 dB to +3dB or whatever. You can add the manual controller to the performance pages for quick adjustment too.

You could maybe add an extra vol/pan block to each preset and assign its level parameter to a manual controller. Scenes would let you pick when the block is on or off and the manual controller should let you set the level of boost or cut across multiple presets. The modifier MIN and MAX settings would let you set the range of adjustment you need like maybe -3 dB to +3dB or whatever. You can add the manual controller to the performance pages for quick adjustment too.
Thanks, I’ll check that out…. 🤔
The MIDI Command
[Incremet/Decrement -1db and +1db] on the Output Block works flawlessly with my MIDI
Controller… trying to do everything with as little toe tapping as possible… turning around and running to the Axe FX isn’t an option in the middle of a show…😢

the manual controller should let you set the level of boost or cut across multiple presets
I think you might have the wrong idea about how manual controllers work--each preset stores its own manual values, so adjusting them in one preset won't affect levels in other presets. However, this could work with an External Control as modifier source, adjusting Ext Ctrl Initial Value(s) in MIDI/Remote: General. Or make the vol/pan a global block (no modifiers), adjust in one preset & save as needed.

Also remember one vol/pan could cover 2 of these "scene groups" using Level & Volume modifiers applied to 2 different channels. For the Volume modifier a good starting point might be a range of something like 6-10, with Level adjusted so Volume at 8 puts the block at unity gain.

I think you might have the wrong idea about how manual controllers work--each preset stores its own manual values, so adjusting them in one preset won't affect levels in other presets. However, this could work with an External Control as modifier source, adjusting Ext Ctrl Initial Value(s) in MIDI/Remote: General. Or make the vol/pan a global block (no modifiers), adjust in one preset & save as needed.

Also remember one vol/pan could cover 2 of these "scene groups" using Level & Volume modifiers applied to 2 different channels. For the Volume modifier a good starting point might be a range of something like 6-10, with Level adjusted so Volume at 8 puts the block at unity gain.

Oh that's right, the manual controllers are stored with each preset. Crap I though they might be across presets like external controllers are.

The external controller method should work though. That could be set through MIDI as needed or use the initial value method like you said.

Back
Top Bottom