Global gain vs. Output gain pot?

rsf1977

Fractal Fanatic
:?: would there be any difference to setting the global gain to 0 and using the output gain pot to set volume vs. cranking the output gain pot to max and using the global gain setting to set volume?

rsf1977 said:
:?: would there be any difference to setting the global gain to 0 and using the output gain pot to set volume vs. cranking the output gain pot to max and using the global gain setting to set volume?
Yes.

rsf1977 said:

If you get the global gain up to high, you will clip the axe-fx. You will not clip the axe-fx with the output knob (you might clip whatever you are plugging the axe-fx into :D )

The global gain is before the D/A converters. The output knob if after.

i will say this. I was doing some testing today and when I have the output pot on the axe set to 9-10 o'clock position or lower there is a density to the tone that is lost. When I get it up around 12 noon it seems to come to life and gets beefy. I start to get nice usable feedback as well. Not sure why that is but it is really nice.

I too am a little confused about the various places to boost output of patches...I disable the power amp sims since I am running output 2, before the cab sims with the fx loop block, to a tube power amp, I the use output 1 with cab sims if I need a direct signal. I am a little confused about where to adjust patch volumes and what the various controls do with the power amp sims disabled...on the amp sims there is a master volume, level, then in the mixer for a given patch, the is an output level...not quite sure how to juggle all of these for optimum patch levels...

Back
Top Bottom