Closed Global Cab Modelling On/Off Per Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmsie95

Rather than having the global Cab Modelling On/Off parameter affect all outputs, having it as a "per output" parameter would make routing more flexible. If running direct and to a power amp and cab, the cab block wouldn't have to be the last thing in the chain this way, so delays and reverbs will be clearer on the "cab modelled" output.
Not sure if this is a hardware limitation, or if it's in the firmware, but it would be a handy way to run both direct, and through a power amp and cab.

Rather than having the global Cab Modelling On/Off parameter affect all outputs, having it as a "per output" parameter would make routing more flexible. If running direct and to a power amp and cab, the cab block wouldn't have to be the last thing in the chain this way, so delays and reverbs will be clearer on the "cab modelled" output.
Not sure if this is a hardware limitation, or if it's in the firmware, but it would be a handy way to run both direct, and through a power amp and cab.
Cabinet modeling doesn't "affect all outputs" it affects all Cab blocks.

I don't think there is any way to implement this.

There was an almost identical request recently...

Ah. I wasn't sure how it worked, but I figured I'd write it up anyways. I searched and didn't see a similar post, sorry!

Just make another cable to out 2,3,4 before the cab block and its done. If you want post cab fx in the new chain, you can duplicate de effects blocks with the same settings

Yeah, I know that. The way I described would take less DSP and your patches would be a lot more streamlines is all. Especially if you have to tweak one of the blocks that you duplicated.

So here's the question for you: what effects are you wanting to put post Cab block? Because most effects that would come after the Cab will sound the same before the Cab.

Those effects are LTI (Linear Time Invariant) and should sound the same either pre or post Cab.

But it's still going through the IR of the cab, changing the overall sound of it. Like playing music through a guitar cab vs through hi-fi speakers.

But it's still going through the IR of the cab, changing the overall sound of it. Like playing music through a guitar cab vs through hi-fi speakers.
Do some searching on this forum for "Linear Time Invariant"... Again, those effects should sound the same before or after the Cab.

Do some searching on this forum for "Linear Time Invariant"... Again, those effects should sound the same before or after the Cab.
Shimmer is not LTI since it has pitch shifting in it, it definitely makes a difference to place it before or after the Cab.

Yeah, I know that. The way I described would take less DSP and your patches would be a lot more streamlines is all. Especially if you have to tweak one of the blocks that you duplicated.
There would be no DSP savings. The only way to have per-output Cab modeling would be to have the Cab at the very end of your chain. And you’d still need a Cab block to pull it off, so CPU would be the same. If you put the Cab earlier in the chain, you’d still have to duplicate all the post-Cab blocks to get those effects into the non-Cab output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom