Global Amp settings

Gizmo

Inspired
Is there anyway to erase the 10 global amp presets or do they just have to be overwritten? I don't remember having a problem before, but say I want to set Maz 38 as my global 1 amp. I have my settings exactly like I want them and then turn the global to amp 1. The amp switches to tube pre and all my settings change to 0. If I turn the amp back to Maz, my settings are still all screwed up and I have to try to remember what they were before trying to save this as a global amp. Seems like you have to know in advance that you want to build a patch around a global amp and can't decide later on. I don't remember this being a problem before.

Also, is it normal for the default global amps to have strange default drive, bass, mid, and treble settings that change depending on which slot they are in. Ex global 1 drive - .04, 2 - 1.77, 3 - 3.50, 4 - 5.24, 5 - 6.97, etc. Shouldn't the default settings be at 5 or 12:00?

Man, I feel ya.

Some of us have been scratching our heads over this since we got the box. Global Amps seems like such a cool feature...but I haven't been able to make us of it at all. Seems you're right about having to intentionally set out to make a global amp, in the correct slot, before you start tweaking. There's not much info either.

:?:

squealie said:
Man, I feel ya.

Some of us have been scratching our heads over this since we got the box. Global Amps seems like such a cool feature...but I haven't been able to make us of it at all. Seems you're right about having to intentionally set out to make a global amp, in the correct slot, before you start tweaking. There's not much info either.

:?:

You guys got the manual with your unit? Did you read it? Here's what it says:
1. Select the GLBL slot you want to use.
2. Dial in your tone.
3. Save the patch.
4. Now, whenever you choose that GLBL amp in any patch, the sound you just dialed in will pop up. Any changes you make in any patch with that GLBL amp will appear in all patches with that GLBL amp.

Lots of people seem to agree this isn't the ideal way they could see that feature working, but that's how it works.

Beefcake said:
You guys got the manual with your unit? Did you read it?

LOL! Sadly, I took my manual with the Axe-Fx on it's maiden gig, and it disappeared. I always assumed the Wiki-manual was comprehensive. It ain't, evidently. :eek:

GLOBL - If set to OFF the amp block works as normal. If set to GLOBAL1 through GLOBAL10, the amp will load the parameters from a "global amp parameter list". This parameter allows you to have 10 amps, each with different customizable settings, available to use in any preset.

So, thanks for the info!

I can't find those exact steps in the manual. They are correct though.

They do need to be updated in the WIKI though. It would be nice if more people took the time to learn how to update the WIKI themselves.

BTW you can download the manual from fractals site and the WIKI

squealie said:
So, thanks for the info!

No problem. And Java, I was paraphrasing, yes, but that's what it says in the manual.

Cliff Chase (Standard manual said:
GLBL - The Global Amplifier selector is a Fractal Audio exclusive. This unique parameter allows
assigning up to ten “global amplifiers” that are stored in non-volatile memory. Whenever a global
amplifier is selected the parameters for the amp block are loaded from memory. If a parameter is
changed and the preset is then stored, the parameters are written back to memory. Any other presets
that then use the same global amplifier will reflect those changes.

You can use this to store your most used amp types. For example, if you use, say, Plexi for most of
your crunch rhythm presets you can select Global Amplifier 1 and then set the type to Plexi. Dial
in your tone and save the preset. Now in any other preset you want to use those settings simply set
the Global Amplifier to ‘1’. If you find you want a little more treble you can turn the treble up and
all presets that use Global Amp 1 will now reflect that change. It’s like having a 10-channel MIDI
preamp built in.

GLOBAL AMP must be selected BEFORE tweaking it. That's one of the reasons I opened this topic...

I hope this feature would be implement faster as possible in the next firmwares, because in this state, it's really annoying to use in live conditions...

Back
Top Bottom