Glitch Effect???

You might be able to approximate it attaching some modifiers to a tremolo effect using square wave, along with some kind of sweep on a low pass filter cutoff. I started messing around with this a while back, controlling trem rate and other things at the same time with a pedal, but never continued down that path.

I'm sure some of the effects wizards on here will have some good ideas for you. ...and I wouldn't mind hearing those ideas either. ;)

Easy.

Just load your Axe-FX till the CPU is struggling. Certainly sounds pretty glitchy then.

TimmyM

I think mitch is close. Sounds like a fast square wave trem with some kind of EQ pass, or maybe a pitch shifter.

On Kaoss Pad 3, Glitch effect is a square tremolo that modify the width and the note length by moving the finger on the X/Y pad.

Oh, and, you can take a look to a stock patch of Ultra called something like Clockwork Banana. Can't remember the exact name of this patch.
This patch is working by attaching LFO2 to the the LFORATE of LFO1. LFO1 is attach to the Freq of a filter block. You just have to replace the filter block by a Volume Block and attach LFO 1 to volume parameter, of just clear the filter block and attach LFO1 to the level parameter of the last block in the row. Then, tweak to taste.
You can also test to attach an external exp.ped. to control it in real time.

i came up with this - stutter

which is using a cc pedal to feed a delay with the time modulated by a random square wave

on the clip, there is also a "drop" at the end of the stutter. this would be possible if the axe fx delay times could be smoothly modulated (like a tape delay), but the tricky part would be to have it all happen that quickly and in sync. i suppose you could simulate the drop with a "whammy", but really you need everything to be controlled by the axe, so it has machine-like precision and you're not tap dancing on switches.

doing a simple 16th or 32nd stutter is easy - just load up a square wave (or ramp) tremolo in line, with 100% mix, but leave depth at zero. attach a cc pedal or button to depth and just hit it when you want it

sim

simeon said:

which is using a cc pedal to feed a delay with the time modulated by a random square wave

on the clip, there is also a "drop" at the end of the stutter. this would be possible if the axe fx delay times could be smoothly modulated (like a tape delay), but the tricky part would be to have it all happen that quickly and in sync. i suppose you could simulate the drop with a "whammy", but really you need everything to be controlled by the axe, so it has machine-like precision and you're not tap dancing on switches.

doing a simple 16th or 32nd stutter is easy - just load up a square wave (or ramp) tremolo in line, with 100% mix, but leave depth at zero. attach a cc pedal or button to depth and just hit it when you want it

sim

That's interesting, but the effect that Daniel want is more like a note length modulate slicer.

simeon said:

sim
Cool! I agree that this is not exactly what the original posted was looking for, but it's cool nevertheless. Can you explain more how you did it, or perhaps upload your patch? I'd like to give this a whirl and play around with the values etc to get different flavors of the same effect.

Back
Top Bottom