GK 250RL Gain Channel

Axe-Master
I recently acquired a GK 250RL, the standalone version of the much requested 250ML combo. Here's my first attempt at recreating the gain channel using the AXE-FX.

I did my best to match the distortion characteristics and overall tone using the amp block and a PEQ. A few quick notes.

-PEQ-1 in the preset mimics the values of the GK's on board active EQ - these are mapped to the per-preset performance controls for convenience.
-PEQ-2 is used to bring the amp block in line with the emasured frequency response of the GK. Don't touch PEQ-2 or the amp block's on board EQ.
-The GK is solid state and feels pretty "stiff". I used the amp block "resistive load" impedance curve to mimic this.
-The chorus on my unit sounds pretty average, with some audible distortion, a volume drop and a stereo imbalance. I used the analog stereo chorus as a rough approximation, which IMO sounds superior to the GK chorus.
-The GK "echo" sounds more like a reverb to me so I just used one of my favourite Axe-Fx reverbs.

Here's the preset - https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10488

Video to come.

I had the 250ML, and wish I could find where it is on the island now ! I used it with a Rat on the clean channel

I recently acquired a GK 250RL, the standalone version of the much requested 250ML combo. Here's my first attempt at recreating the gain channel using the AXE-FX.

I did my best to match the distortion characteristics and overall tone using the amp block and a PEQ. A few quick notes.

-PEQ-1 in the preset mimics the values of the GK's on board active EQ - these are mapped to the per-preset performance controls for convenience.
-PEQ-2 is used to bring the amp block in line with the emasured frequency response of the GK. Don't touch PEQ-2 or the amp block's on board EQ.
-The GK is solid state and feels pretty "stiff". I used the amp block "resistive load" impedance curve to mimic this.
-The chorus on my unit sounds pretty average, with some audible distortion, a volume drop and a stereo imbalance. I used the analog stereo chorus as a rough approximation, which IMO sounds superior to the GK chorus.
-The GK "echo" sounds more like a reverb to me so I just used one of my favourite Axe-Fx reverbs.

Here's the preset - https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10488

Video to come.

Hi Leon,
just tried your Preset - thank you very much. I find a small Bug in it: The EQ Knobs in the Performance Page are linked to the wrong ParaEq Level Knobs: 8K is 120Hz, 2K is 500Hz and so one!
Very interesting to try this Amp!

Hi Leon,
just tried your Preset - thank you very much. I find a small Bug in it: The EQ Knobs in the Performance Page are linked to the wrong ParaEq Level Knobs: 8K is 120Hz, 2K is 500Hz and so one!
Very interesting to try this Amp!
I'll tidy that up and repost, cheers!

Back
Top Bottom