give us a hint about 7.01

oscar100

it seems to be with the beta boyz - whassup?b what we gonna get

scotts already making cool sounds with it!

hopefully the axe edit will be more stable this time - no more crashing!!

the current version still doesnt like TM's too much especially ones pre v7

I don't know about 7.01 but I can't use my Axe-Fx with Mac OS X Mountain Lion. I stopped playing already... Fix please.

This is the current state of 7.01:

Updated “Sure Weasel” model based on revised information. Model is now called “Suhr Badger”.

Improved phase inverter modeling provides “juicier” tone when PI is driven hard (MSTR set high).

Authentic Presence control modeling. The Presence control in the Amp block now behaves like the actual amp rather than an idealized version. The Presence Frequency parameter is now a frequency multiplier rather than an absolute frequency as the frequency of the presence circuit depends on the Presence control position. The Presence Frequency parameter works by scaling the value of the virtual presence circuit’s capacitor value. NOTE: Any presets created with earlier firmware versions will have the Presence Frequency parameter reset to 1.0.

When setting preset/IR name, character selection Quick Knobs now wrap around.

Added RESOLUTION parameter to Tone Matching block. In HIGH mode the resolution of the processing is doubled. Note that this doubles the CPU usage of the block. Presets created with earlier firmware are unaffected since the data has always been stored at high resolution.

Improved high-frequency matching performance in Tone Matching block.

New IMART (Intelligent Maximum-Likelihood Adaptive Real-Time) pitch detectors provide greatly improved pitch detection. Pitch detectors can now track complex chords. The Pitch Source parameter in the Pitch blocks has been changed to simply “Global” or “Local”. In either mode the tracking performance is the same, only the source of the pitch data is changed. The Pitch blocks benefit significantly from this improvement. Many presets that previously only worked with single notes now work with chords, even complex chords. Note, however, that intelligent pitch shifting is necessarily only single notes, by definition.

Reduced latency in Pitch block when performing negative shifts.

Improved Tuner as a result of improved pitch detection. “Magic 8-ball” has been removed due to customer confusion.

Improved CPU usage for most presets.

Added “Super Trem” amp model based on a Supro 1964T.

Added “Atomica Low” and “Atomica High” amp models based on Cameron Atomica.

Changed “Solo 88 Rhythm” model so that bright switch is engaged by default.

Fixed bug in Reverb block causing incorrect settings for Hall types.

Fixed Drive block popping on bypass/engage.

Fixed Dynamics parameter in Amp block being set incorrectly for older presets.

Fixed Edited LED not lighting when resetting Amp block EQ via Enter button.

TMA block Reference Solo warning message now flashes in all menus.

I have to say thanks for the update. I typically do not even broach the subject with regards to update news, as most companies will be very tight lipped until release. Its the norm and I'm comfortable with that. Nice to have a perk like that....

Looking forward to meeting you and your staff in Van Nuys along with other Fractal users.

...plus the NDA stuff, (if that actually applies to Cliff). :D Thanks Cliff! And I for one will miss the tuna... I mean fish... I mean Bogner Fish... I mean "the tuner". :p ... sorry. It's getting late.

Last edited:
Cliff, so what is the purpose of having the tone-matching resolution modes? Is it for instances where we are close to being out of CPU usage and we still want to include a tone-match block?

Cliff, I am curious about the IMART feature. Did you get there by chasing improved tuner stability and found the great pitch improvement as a secondary result. Or, were you looking for improved Pitch block and got the improved tuner performance with the deal??

So looking forward to try the new "Suhr Badger". Based on the strait up full name change, I am guessing you feel that nailed it..
Hope you are enjoying the real Badger as well. I might be wrong, but it seems like an amp that lends itself to your playing style (from what I have heard you post here on and off)

I will miss my magic 8 ball and will hold bitter resentment towards everyone who constantly whined about it.... Not really buy it was a fantastic feature that worked really well. I'm also looking forward to all the great changes. Thanks Cliff and team!!

I will miss it as well, it made intonation adjustments sooo much easier for me :( But looking forward to all the updates as usual Cliff!!!

Cool....I'm very interested to hear and try out the improved PI and presence modeling...make those DSP's sweat!

Oh, and the Supro is a nice addition; my friend has a really old one that is one of the sweetest amps I've every played through.

The Supro is a great addition to the list of amps. Pitch shifter is remarkably improved. And personally I'm very happy with the Presence announcement. Makes working with the amp controls even more like real.

Back
Top Bottom