AFIII Gilmour is more fun with a Dumble (preset included)

Piing

Axe-Master
After a while trying to mimic the exact tone with the Hiwatt I decided to switch to a Bludojai Lead, and I suddenly forgot about trying to replicate the same tone. This amp is so fun to play, with that flabby thing at the low frequencies.

Attachments

• On an Island 2023_01_02a.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Thanks for this, Piing! Been combing through the amps for the perfect "On an Island" tone and it seems to me that you have nailed it. For me, the Hiwatt just doesn't cut it without a bunch of tweaking. Your playing certainly has much to do with it as well. For me, Gilmour's bends are the essence of his playing, and I like how your using your trem to match that. Thanks for the preset

But soundtrack in video is recorded separetly, right? Video and sound are from different record sessions, correct?

But soundtrack in video is recorded separetly, right? Video and sound are from different record sessions, correct?

Good observation. I had only one video track and several audio tracks at the DAW, so it may not match the same take

Last edited:
Cool. I was just commenting that it feels pointless to me to try to tweak Fractals Hiwatt for tones like this, when there are so many models that might be closer to the vibe, at stock settings.

Cool. I was just commenting that it feels pointless to me to try to tweak Fractals Hiwatt for tones like this, when there are so many models that might be closer to the vibe, at stock settings.

I agree. I think that these Hiwatts are just a tool to get loud volume at the stage, but they are quite sterile. That is why he needs the Alembic preamp and all these pedals to get some mojo

This one is using the 6G12 Concert (60's Fender Brownface Concert)

The P90s are an important part of the equation. I could not get that vibe with neither SC or HB. I am using Harmonic Design Z90

Attachments

• 5AM 2023_01_05.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom