GIFT OF TONE 2023 #5 - Justin Derrico

No my fm3 is updated to the 7.0 and fm3 edit to the last version too.
When I first imported Axe3 version into FM3, the editor got stuck when writing the IRs. I had to restart it, cause it didn't work any more.
I've got the preset imported but not IRs. Maybe try again then?

@Cooper Carter will there be an update to this preset? Fucking thing almost blew my ears out, I turned down the level, but just thinking an updated preset will hopefully avoid scaring the shit out of others who import it.

Love this preset, I shifted al the delays and the enhancer over so i could put a Vol block before them and still get trails, I know Justin uses 2 Volumes on post one pre not sure where there at in he own preset though.

I havent tried this yet but I have to say this is the GOT I am most excited about. I have been a JD fan for YEARS.

That's what I get for shooting my mouth of about things I haven't tried myself. Carry on.

@Cooper Carter will there be an update to this preset? Fucking thing almost blew my ears out, I turned down the level, but just thinking an updated preset will hopefully avoid scaring the shit out of others who import it.
We refreshed the download link this morning. Should be good now.

Not sure what was going on with importing with the other one. Wasn't happening on our end and then everyone said it was loud as all fuck.

Used this with the band last night.

1) Everyone was correct about watching the volume. Holy Mother of God!

2) Clean (Scene 1) was an hit. Problem is I seldom play clean-clean.

3) Just as I suspected the Shiva based presets were a tad dark for me in a 2 guitar band. I also owned the Shiva amp
and felt the same way about it.

4) Justin York's GOT from last season is still my favourite GOT. In the group I play in it just works. Killer!

5) No matter what presets from others I try I always go back to my home rolled ones.... JCM800-based.

6) The sound in our head is the sound in our head. It is seldom in someone else's head. 🤣

7) It is a rare treat to have such great access to these tones by some true giants. Thank you Fractal, and Fractal Artists! 💖 🥳 🤘

Last edited:
Used this with the band last night.

1) Everyone was correct about watching the volume. Holy Mother of God!

2) Clean (Scene 1) was an hit. Problem is I seldom play clean-clean.

3) Just as I suspected the Shiva based presets were a tad dark for me in a 2 guitar band. I also owned the Shiva amp
and felt the same way about it.

4) Justin York's GOT from last season is still my favourite GOT. In the group I play in it just works. Killer!

5) No matter what presets from others I try I always go back to my home rolled ones.... JCM800-based.

6) The sound in our head is the sound in our head. It is seldom in someone else's head. 🤣

7) It is a rare treat to have such great access to these tones by some true giants. Thank you Fractal, and Fractal Artists! 💖 🥳 🤘
@la szum have you downloaded the updated preset mentioned above by Cooper Carter? The volume change on the original was quite shocking once you got off of Scene 1. I've redownloaded but haven't tried it yet.

Sorry for all the questions but finally got around to playing this. Cool preset. If I wanted to decrease the overall ambience a bit, what is the difference between decreasing the mix vs the input gain of the reverb and/or delays?

Hi all, this one isn't working for me either. It just hangs and doesn't load. I have the III and the FM3 and it won't load on either. I emptied a preset and it just stays empty after I try to load. All firmware is the newest and refreshed. Just letting everyone know and I am sure there is a fix.

Hi all, this one isn't working for me either. It just hangs and doesn't load. I have the III and the FM3 and it won't load on either. I emptied a preset and it just stays empty after I try to load. All firmware is the newest and refreshed. Just letting everyone know and I am sure there is a fix.
Make sure you are using "Import Preset" instead of just dragging it into the slot in Preset Manager because this is a bundle.

I finally got to downloading all the GOT’s last night and installed them and they all went smoothly. As @fcs101 mentioned use the “Import Preset” function and for the bundled versions pick where you want them to go. Well actually you choose where they all go, but the bundles have an extra step. Also, depending on when you downloaded it might be good to redownload if it was when some first were released. There were some issues that have been fixed and the new files are now on the server.

Oh and check USB cables and maybe a reboot of the computer and FM3 or III.

Back
Top Bottom