GIFT OF TONE 2023 #3 - Wes Hauch!

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
...GIFT OF TONE continues!

We're happy to welcome back to the Fractal Audio family of artists... Wes Hauch!

Wes Hauch is an American guitarist and songwriter. He is an extraordinary talent in the realm of metal music, known for both technical proficiency and artistic creativity. As a member of bands like The Faceless, Glass Casket, and now Alluvial, Hauch has consistently pushed the boundaries of the genre, blending technical metal with progressive elements to create a sound that is both ferociously intense and detailed.

🎁 Wes's Gift of Tone is a Preset-Cab Bundle containing the Rhythm/Lead/Clean/Mid Gain sounds that he uses live with Alluvial. The bundle uses a Cab IR based on his preferred "USA" 4x12 and mic (also included separately). The preset was dialed in on an Ibanez RG 7 string in B standard tuning. For best results, use a guitar with humbuckers tuned to standard pitch.

REQUIREMENTS: Axe-Fx III firmware 23.05 or newer. FM9 firmware 5.0 or newer. FM3 firmware 7.0 or newer.
To import a bundle, use Import Preset in the top level Preset menu of your product's editor.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/gift-of-tone/

Fractal-Social_WES_HAUCH.jpg

Coming on fast and furious, thanks so much! I've used the 1st GOT on a track for the solo and currently recording a 2nd song using GW Studio. Simply awesome!

What timing! I finally dug into some Alluvial this past weekend and have been blaring it to and from work every single day this week!

I’ve mostly known Wes via his ridiculously awesome Iceman 7’s that I’m PRAYING Ibanez makes an sig of, then the Devin Townsend connection. I cannot wait to download this preset and mess around with it!!!!

What timing! I finally dug into some Alluvial this past weekend and have been blaring it to and from work every single day this week!

I’ve mostly known Wes via his ridiculously awesome Iceman 7’s that I’m PRAYING Ibanez makes an sig of, then the Devin Townsend connection. I cannot wait to download this preset and mess around with it!!!!

Dude; that Iceman is SICK \m/

I saw Alluvial a few weeks ago. Wes is a beast and he has a monster metal tone.

Thanks Wes and Fractal Team!

Agreed. But what were the majority of the Gift tones in 2022? Just sayin. Not complaining as I said! and NOT attacking metal......
I hear ya. But I mean, it kinda makes sense given the proportion of Fractal artists that are playing metal compared to ones that are not.

I hear ya. But I mean, it kinda makes sense given the proportion of Fractal artists that are playing metal compared to ones that are not.
Yes I know that which I consider very sad only because the AxeFX , all of them are capable of so much more but I guess metal is what draws many here. Been like this since 2009 iirc. I grew up listening to Hendrix and Cream. Not metal but pretty heavy for the times. In Viet nam the big song was In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. One of the first songs I ever learned-the riffs. :)

Wes might be the greatest metal guitarist working right now. His technique is blisteringly fast and squeaky clean, but he’s a musician first, and that musicality comes through in everything he does. One of the most creative dudes in modern metal, too - a real inspiration. Watch any of his YouTube playthroughs to see what it looks like to master alternate picking; the guy is an artist.

Can’t wait to try this out, although I know it’ll be heartbreaking to have to learn, once again, that the talent resides in the fingers! Regardless, should be a blast - thanks Fractal!

Just loaded this up in my FM3 and wow - that rhythm tone is just thick and juicy. What a blast chugging with it! Also, it is using the CA3+ Lead amp which I'd never tried before - so this is both a welcome preset and a reminder for me to try other high-gain amps in Fractal as well.

Thanks a bunch again!

Back
Top Bottom