GIFT OF TONE 2023 #2 - Greg Wells

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
It's another gift of tone!

GREG WELLS
Greg Wells is a Grammy-winning record producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and mix engineer raised in Canada and based in Los Angeles, with songs on over 130 million albums sold and streaming numbers in the billions. About the Axe-Fx, Greg says, “I’ve tried every amp emulator made for the past 20 plus years and this is the only one that sounds like the real thing. I can’t believe it exists!”

🎁 Greg's Gift is a preset featuring "Happy" and "Rawk" amp tones in a variety of settings, and also includes two custom user cab IRs. These are included separately but are also included in preset bundles for the Axe-Fx III, FM9, and FM3.

REQUIREMENTS: Axe-Fx III firmware 23 or newer. FM9 firmware 5.0 or newer. FM3 firmware 7.0 or newer.
To import a preset, use Import Preset in the top level Preset menu of your product's editor.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/gift-of-tone/

Fractal-Social_GREG_WELLS.jpg

Sad Cedric The Entertainer GIF by CBS

Thank you guys

Thank you!

Having had a read of Gregg's Wiki page I concluded that this man is a musical genius! And he has 6 children! That deserves a medal in itself.
As guitarists, we all love the Eddie Van Halens of the World (may he rest in peace) and others, but it is people like Gregg who add the magical touch to so many artists' work. Things that the likes of myself will never understand other than to think he must have some sort of magical dust that he sprinkles on things.

Thank you, Gregg. You Sir are a true Fractal star.

Last edited:
Not sure I'm doing something wrong, the scenes 5-8 are loading up a user cab instead of any of the two included.
Additionally, when importing the preset, it also imports a 'Empty' cab in a random position.
Scenes 1-4 are using "GB Rawk" and "Blue AI 1", respectively as Cab 1 and Cab 2 - what about the other scenes?

Not sure I'm doing something wrong, the scenes 5-8 are loading up a user cab instead of any of the two included.
Additionally, when importing the preset, it also imports a 'Empty' cab in a random position.
Scenes 1-4 are using "GB Rawk" and "Blue AI 1", respectively as Cab 1 and Cab 2 - what about the other scenes?
Same here

The Cab Selections are the same for all scenes. What product and firmware version are you loading the bundle into?
Cab Channel B uses the same two IRs in the same two locations, with only the level balance adjusted.
Here's how it loads here:

1702418333714.png

1702418344103.png

as reported above: it loads an empty cab and scenes 5-8 point to the wrong cab (1-4 is ok)
(FM3 - 7.0)

Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 23.03.58.pngScreenshot 2023-12-12 at 23.05.12.pngScreenshot 2023-12-12 at 23.05.21.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to remap the user cabs in scene 5-8 (because I didn't want the default locations). I understand why its that way, to make sure that Gregs user cab number remain intact. Maybe the import can also remap it automatically based on the custom user locations you pick.

Anyways... Scene 7 is super cool, very addictive (Rawk +100% Klon)!

Back
Top Bottom