Gibson Les Paul Advice...what to buy

So, I'm not a spring chicken. I've played lots of guitars over the 40 years or so I've been playing. I've found that you really can't generalize, as I used to work at a music store a long time ago and found that even "back then", you could play five guitars of the same model and sometimes only one really would speak to you. As automation came about quality has made guitar models more consistent...but none compare to a great luthier having a great few weeks and poring his passion into the work. That said, I'm looking for unbiased, experienced views on the "New" USA 2014 Gibson Standards (don't really want a custom shop nor a hand-made knock-off, not that I can't afford it)...

So, waterknox, how does the neck feel? Is this an asymmetrical, compound radius next? Does it feel similar to the '68 black beauty (I've played those and they were comfortable)? Thanks mate!

The AL is a great LesPaul. Stock though you ALWAYS need a good 9v battery, and that sucks.
Once the Piezo and Mag circuits are split, all good.

So, waterknox, how does the neck feel? Is this an asymmetrical, compound radius next? Does it feel similar to the '68 black beauty (I've played those and they were comfortable)? Thanks mate!

Hi, yes it has a asymmetrical neck, find it comfortable ,different but not less than my custom.
Workmanship is good .this is more a bonamassa sounding lp rather than rock .also like the out of phase setting for that peter green sound. Both have good sustain even without amp.

Back
Top Bottom