Gibson Announces New CEO and Other Executives

He fixed the headstock? Damn! The new firmware must be good. :)
Haha Tex!!! I mean Rex!!! Well it is obvious and Cliff pointed it out and there is one way to fix it like Ibanez and Dean did by making it thicker thus reinforcing it at the weak point. If Gibson was more like FAS they wouldn't have much to worry about I bet and yes, that firmware is that good!

PS The Tex was a typo and I went with it and just kept typing, no disrespect Rex, just being silly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rex
...I miss TexAxe and his incredible rants........
Haha Tex!!! I mean Rex!!! Well it is obvious and Cliff pointed it out and there is one way to fix it like Ibanez and Dean did by making it thicker thus reinforcing it at the weak point. If Gibson was more like FAS they wouldn't have much to worry about I bet and yes, that firmware is that good!

PS The Tex was a typo and I went with it and just kept typing, no disrespect Rex, just being silly.

I think the other brands solved it primarily by using a different type of joint at the neck, not by making it thicker.

My Ibanez Wizard necks are super thin and have 2 giant holes in them for the locking nut bolts... And they are rock solid!

I think the other brands solved it primarily by using a different type of joint at the neck, not by making it thicker.

My Ibanez Wizard necks are super thin and have 2 giant holes in them for the locking nut bolts... And they are rock solid!
My old Ibanez are thin and have holes for locking nuts through them and my new Ibanez guitars are really thick with a ridge or lip of really thick wood and no holes, it's the same with my old and new Dean guitars. I have some old 1982 Ibanez guitars that are non trem that have the thick wood and ridge like the new ones.

Last edited:
My old Ibanez are thin and have holes for locking nuts through them and my new Ibanez guitars are really thick with a ridge or lip of really thick wood and it's the same with my old and new Dean guitars.
Yeah... Different joints (or lack of, in some cases), I think.

What you are referring to is called a "volute". This page has a good description different types of neck joints:

https://www.gluedtomusic.com/blog/1/headstock-and-scarf-joints-explained/

Most of the Ibanez necks use a Scarf joint. Some have a volute - I have 1 Prestige and it does.

I’ve never run a company with a worldwide presence, so my comments are about as enlightened as the rest here. Even from that limited perspective, it does seem they’d refocus on what products people consider iconic in current music at a competitive end cost by losing anything not contributing to that end. HJ was existing in some other dimension. Maybe there will be some change of direction.

Back
Top Bottom