Getting cab IRs from Axe-Fx III to use on my XL?

I've never tried this, but you could use Tone Match to capture the Factory Cabs.

Place a Synth Block and connect output parallel to 1) your Cab Block (Reference) and 2) a Filter Block (Local). Pan Output of the Ca Block to right and the filter Block to left (that`s the only reason, we need it, rest should be default = null filter = no change in tone).

Behind these two blocks feed the outputs of them to a TMA block:

- set to ONLINE or LIVE (did forget te name, so NOT OFFLINE)
- Average time: Peak Hold
- Res.: High
- Block input Reference -> right, Local -> left

Synth Block:
- set off: voice 1 & 2
- Voice 3: Sine, Track Off, Filter 20000Hz
- connect Frequency to Modifier -> LFO

= Now in fact, you`ve created a Sine-Sweep (like it`s used for IR-Capturing). This is the testone for frequency-response measurement.

Do a tonematch and export the tonematch as User Cab. Do A/B test. If you did it right, your new User Cab will sound 100% exactly like the Cab, you have customized.

Note: Room simulation can`t be captured.

The same way you can Mix Cabs, add EQing,etc ... and Tonematch the result as new User Cab.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/cab-export.71847/#post-880354

How to bring that Tone-Match to the Axe-FX II? First you export the TM to a User CAB (from the Axe-FX III front panel or Axe-Edit there is an option to export the TM to a User CAB). Second, on Axe-Edit - CAB Manage, right click on the User Cab and export as syx IR file.

Last edited:
Ok... I specifically didn't provide that answer because it's a questionable practice.

The factory IRs are not exportable because they are not intended to be shared AND many of them are granted access for Fractal to distribute by their creators.

Take that as you will...

Thanks for the info! As for ethically correct...my intent isn’t do this and share really...I have both the three and the xl so I don’t think it’s ethically questionable to get the most of the xl given I’ve paid for the axe fix iii and the cabs that come with it, but that’s just me. Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom