Get ready for more Ownhammer

Am i ok if I am using the 200 Ms wav files that are in the MPT folder to convert into Ultrares using CabLab 2?
Or do i miss something by not doing this in CabLab3 and "checking" the MPT "check box"?

From my understanding Cab Lab 2 was always MPT. So you might want to re-convert as it seems you basically applied MPT twice by using pre-MPT files in CL2.

Edit: If I understand your question correctly and to elaborate, if you want MPT and are using CL3, then convert those wavs in the Fractal zip and check MPT in CL3. If you want MPT and using CL2, then convert those wavs in Fractal zip period (no options available). The files inside the fractal.zip are NOT pre-MPT.

Last edited:
From my understanding Cab Lab 2 was always MPT. So you might want to re-convert as it seems you basically applied MPT twice by using pre-MPT files in CL2.

Edit: If I understand your question correctly and to elaborate, if you want MPT and are using CL3, then convert those wavs in the Fractal zip and check MPT in CL3. If you want MPT and using CL2, then convert those wavs in Fractal zip period (no options available). The files inside the fractal.zip are NOT pre-MPT.

Thanks for your input and help!

Just thought I'd share a quick clip here of the new OH library with one of my all time favorite Ozzy guitar riffs. Meat and potatoes heavy. Backing track off YouTube. Two guitar tracks panned hard and bass tracks straight up the center. I did 4 guitar tracks originally but it defeats the purpose here. I used the LYN BK HG on the right side and the OH G12M Mix HG on the left. These IR's can really cut through. Hope you enjoy! :)

I added another mix of the clip with two more guitar tracks from the V.3 library just to demo how the two libraries can compliment each other. I added the same amp sim/cab/speaker to the existing guitar tracks, (412-GTR BOG-ST library with the EDVH speaker). No EQ on the guitar tracks but I spent a little more time on the overall mix as the last one was somewhat rushed.

Last edited:
I really like the way the cab in this pack is clearly represented, but isn't "in the way." It doesn't sound boxy, or boomy, or anything. But you can still hear some wood. (careful, all you Freudians!)

If you close your eyes while switching from one speaker type to another using this capture method, you hear exactly what you'd expect to hear. The G1265 has that upper-midrange gnarl to it that I like. The EVS sounds smoother than the EVM. Speakers sound like themselves!

The one exception to that for me is the Vintage 30, which I used to hate. Here, it sounds pretty darn good!

Not a schil, not affiliated...but you should buy this. Keep it up, Kevin!

well its taken nearly 3 week since I bought these UR IR's to find the time from my list of household chores LOL

but OMG was it worth the wait these IR's are on a totally different level to any I've purchased or tried before,
Have the vintage and modern sets , did get round to the V3 sets , was distracted,
But since I used to run an old Marshal 212 cab loaded with T75's and loved its sound couldn't miss out on this pack and what a treasure,

keep up the good work Kevin,

I got them right away and the Marshall 2x12 he uses, I used to have 2 of them. I miss those cabs soooooooo much.
Only difference was that they were the Anniversary Jubilee cabs, that came with the 25/50 mini stack, I am soooo stupid for selling them. UGHHHHH!
I regret that more than anything I think.
They are pretty damn good.

No biggie - they're still a great deal at current retail prices. Jump on it!

Where else can you even get a single speaker for this price, in the analogue world? Now you get dozens, for pennies, and they sound great!

...and, time for Kevin to resurface from the depths again, and talk in 3rd person... :lol

Thanks again for the kind words guys, glad everyone is enjoying these! :)

Am i ok if I am using the 200 Ms wav files that are in the MPT folder to convert into Ultrares using CabLab 2?
Or do i miss something by not doing this in CabLab3 and "checking" the MPT "check box"?

This is correct, Cab Lab 2 always MPT's everything you feed it, so the files in the Fractal.zip that are not already MPT'd are ideal so as to not incur any cascading sonic effect that MPT'ing has.

Any news on V3 bass ir's? I know they will be a game-changer, just hoping they're released soon!

The AMPG-BASS Multi-Speaker Collection library will be out in the next 12-72 hours, then I'm immediately getting on top of my 70's Marshall 1960B cab with the MSC treatment.

So you're a pretty big fan of Marshall cabs overall, I take it? I feel like they get criticized a lot, and people prefer to talk about Mesas, Diezels, Bogners, and the like.

I don't know why Marshall cabs are criticized, all of the manufacturers are copies of them. The newer Marshall cabs
leave a lot to be desired, but nothing beats and old, 70's to 80's, 1960 B cab, did I mention B cab? The 1960A cab's
are ok, but lose a lot of resonance and tone because of the 2 piece baffle. The B cabs baffles are one piece, and that
makes a HUGE difference. I only have an 900a cab presently and my old anniversary 2x12 B cab, kicked it into the dirt. I kick
myself everyday for getting rid of it.

Last edited:
Way to go Ownhammer with the latest cab pack, I love them. Mr Sound Lab is doing a damn good job too.
You guys are making the axe even better. I don't have one yet and rely ir's to get decent tone, so I thank
you guys for your hard work. It is a major PITA to mic cab's in all of those positions. :)

I just got the new Ownhammer cab pack last night. These multi speaker packs are the way to go. Everything I have tried so far sounds good. Great job Kevin!

I bought the Mar-66 212 multi speaker collection a good while ago in the Summer, but for whatever reason forgot all about it and so until this week it sat unused. I started playing with it alongside Q2 beta and I really like these cabs. Since getting the Axe I've stuck primarily with the Plexi 50w Hi model - it just has a nice sound to my ears. I've just not managed to get other amps to sound as good. But with Q2 I started messing around with different amps and Mar-66 212 and found I could get some stellar sounds out of different amps. I'm working my way through them, creating patches of my favorites as I go.

So far I am really liking (all from the Mar 66 212 Multi pack):

Plexi 50w Hi with either the SB M75 or Greenback in (both in HG or SP2) - currently favoring Greenback the most.
Nitrous 2 with the SB H75 in HG
Quickrod 2 with the Greenback (both HG or SP2)
Triptik Modern with Greenback (HG or SP2)
Herbie 2+ with Lynchback (HG)

Back
Top Bottom