Get ready for more Ownhammer

...and I have 4 4x10's (2 closed back, 2 open back) waiting in the stash with the Greenbacks and lots of other cool and some super rare 10 inch speakers, hopefully I will be able to sample them! :)

That is some AWESOME news Kevin

No one (that I know of) really have a 4x10 library, and its such a cool and unique tone from the slightly smaller sized enclosure than the traditional 4x12's (which we obviously have no shortage of)

There have always been some 4x10 tweed cabs, but totally different animal than a sealed 4x10 with GB's etc.

I think people will really dig the IR's, and just have to try them out as well, since its something not too many have played before

Sampling speaker IR's is such a labour of love! It would be great to see this new 12" multi-speaker library really take off and prove to Kevin that doing the 10" speakers would be worth his effort.

Terry.

"The 417-H is based on a 1977 8-ohm Altec 417-8H."

Randy Rhoads fans should love that as I know I will, those are the speakers Randy put in all of his Marshalls. He swore by those speakers.

I'm not too huge on the 417-H by itself, personally. However, mix it in with the speakers that would have been in the 70's Marshall cabs (the H-BB-55 and M-BB-55), well, it thickens those brighter speakers up nicely. No gate, no reverb, no post, bone dry amp + cab:

This was the cab setup:

CrazyHammer.png

Pretty bright sounding mix, but, that was the mood I was in. Guitar was an '85 Gibson Explorer with a 498T in the bridge. Amp is a Diezel VH4 channel 4 - of late I've been in this forward sounding, dry rhythm guitar tone thing.

Bass is going through an IR from the upcoming SVT cab, a single mic, 100% wet and through the IR alone. Same IR Justin used for the bass in the clip in my signature.

As worn out as I am from the last month of sampling, I'm getting a gust of energy from the release being imminent. :)

Last edited:
Forgot to mention - with almost 700 files sitting in the folder to choose from right now, I got that tone with a mix of 3 speakers in under a minute. ;)

I just listened to the original recording. I have shut down my DAW at this point, but yeah, I am guessing that the 417-H IR's would get you really close. Not my thing so much as modern sounds float my boat when I am dialing in my own tones, but, for those vintage tone hunting, you'll bag what you're after. :)

Similar to THIS. I have a vintage KM84, and I'm using multiple speaker types though. :)

Side note, added bass and a different (and pretty goofy) ending to the clip in post #45. You may need to clear your browser cache if you've already played it already to hear it.

Wow, someone has been busting their ass! Probably a silly question, but are these going to be single packs, or are you selling them as a bundle?

Yeah, this has been several months in the planning and about a month of sampling, glad to be wrapping things up. :)

This is a single store item - one cab, 64 speakers, 10 OH mixes (which also contain exclusive content, not everything is borrowed from other speakers found elsewhere in the library), all of those having 5 mics and 5 mixes each for an initial total of 740 files. If it goes well, there will be more cabs done, ones I've not yet sampled, ones I have. Price point is absurdly affordable, especially for what is provided, and the first week half off sale I'm practically giving it away.

In my personal opinion and that of those who have tested it (no marketing nonsense, just the honest truth), there isn't any reason everyone with an Axe-Fx, or any other platform or workflow capable of using IR's would have to not pick this up, as well the ones down the line of interest, you can accomplish so much with it and it is so much fun to play and create sounds with. I will try to spend all next week making clips if I can!

I just had another look at your list, damn..........fun times ahead!!

Thank you, for all your hard work and creating these for us all to enjoy! TBH, I'm kind of a 4x12 snob :lol, BUT I'll be getting this bundle.

...Price point is absurdly affordable, especially for what is provided, and the first week half off sale I'm practically giving it away. In my personal opinion and that of those who have tested it (no marketing nonsense, just the honest truth), there isn't any reason everyone with an Axe-Fx, or any other platform or workflow capable of using IR's would have to not pick this up...!

This is really an understatement. I'll put it this way: if you can afford an AxeFX, not getting these IRs is something akin to buying a Ferrari but not buying fuel for it. Or maybe good tires. Something like that.

This is good stuff, folks, and a fantastic deal. Not related, or a friend, or an investor.

It's a Marshall 1966B 2x12. I could be wrong, but I believe this was originally conceived as the pair to the Silver Jubilee amps. I also have the 1965B, which is the same size, just a 4x10 front baffle instead.

Cab_212_MAR-66.jpg

Yeah, this has been several months in the planning and about a month of sampling, glad to be wrapping things up. :)

This is a single store item - one cab, 64 speakers, 10 OH mixes (which also contain exclusive content, not everything is borrowed from other speakers found elsewhere in the library), all of those having 5 mics and 5 mixes each for an initial total of 740 files. If it goes well, there will be more cabs done, ones I've not yet sampled, ones I have. Price point is absurdly affordable, especially for what is provided, and the first week half off sale I'm practically giving it away.

In my personal opinion and that of those who have tested it (no marketing nonsense, just the honest truth), there isn't any reason everyone with an Axe-Fx, or any other platform or workflow capable of using IR's would have to not pick this up, as well the ones down the line of interest, you can accomplish so much with it and it is so much fun to play and create sounds with. I will try to spend all next week making clips if I can!

Awesome, can't wait. As I do love a good bargain, any ETA as to when we should be checking the store for the release ? Sometimes with work/life/etc I forgot the important things like when a new IR comes out lol

Will these be in the V3 section of your site?

I'm still working this part out (PDF and website stuff is tomorrow then I'm done and ready to go), but I think I can answer...

In the global side bar on the left, it will be in a section called "Multi-Speaker Collections". I am not sure if this will be in the V3 Speaker Cabinets sidebox or a new one just yet, but I'll have red ** New! ** text next to it for a few weeks to help draw attention to it. It will be easy to find. :)

I just finished up the OH-METAL files - which is one of the last couple parts left - and dropped the HG file into an old mix from a several years ago. Warning, it is set at modern commercial loudness levels (i.e. smashed to hell):

Back
Top Bottom