AFIII Georgia on My Mind - solo finger style arrangement

So nice to hear some warm guitar tones here. I could not tell if is an real ampsound or the AxeIII - sounds so good! thank you.

very nice. totally amp like and it really lets the character of the P90's shine through.

btw, can't hear the tape delay at all. i reckon some spring reverb would have been nice and would have been the icing on the cake. throw it in before the amp, so there's some dynamic interaction and it's in crusty mono. i'd challenge anybody to spot that you were playing through anything other than a real amp.

Tangent: can you give me a sense of how high your P90s are? Top of the pickup to bottom of the low and high E strings for each pickup? I'm trying to adjust the setup of my P90-equipped LP and I think I'm jacking them up too high but I don't know what typical is here. :D

very nice. totally amp like and it really lets the character of the P90's shine through.

btw, can't hear the tape delay at all. i reckon some spring reverb would have been nice and would have been the icing on the cake. throw it in before the amp, so there's some dynamic interaction and it's in crusty mono. i'd challenge anybody to spot that you were playing through anything other than a real amp.

Thanks. The delay is in tempo with the playing which adds depth and dimension with out being obvious. I you listen in a quiet room (or with cans) you will notice the delay when there are "stops" in the phrasing. There was also a touch of reverb on there - it was on the "studio" setting, but spring probably would have been sweeter. :)

Tangent: can you give me a sense of how high your P90s are? Top of the pickup to bottom of the low and high E strings for each pickup? I'm trying to adjust the setup of my P90-equipped LP and I think I'm jacking them up too high but I don't know what typical is here. :D

Certainly. Not sure which P90 LP you have and how the pickups might have changed over models and years...this is a 2018 R6 for what ever that's worth. Strings are GHS Nickel Rockers, 10-50 (the EJ custom gauge set). All measurements pole top to string bottom in inches.

Neck PU low E - .130"
Neck PU high E - .100"
Bridge PU low E - .100"
Bridge PU high E - .050"

The recording was all Neck PU with the volume pot about 6-7. Honestly other than change strings, I haven't touched anything setup wise on this guitar since I got it new in June 2018. Out of 20+ guitars I've owned and over 4 decades it is the first guitar where everything was just perfect from day one.

Which P90 equipped LP do you have and what issues are you having with your current setup?

BTW - if you want to hear the same guitar in a different context, I played all the tracks on this client recording using this same LP. All the amps were fractal as well....though it was my AX8 as I didn't have the III yet. Recording above was Fender Twin models, this is JTM45's....

Back
Top Bottom