Genius needed: FM3 Looper and Outboard Effects.

GreySmith

My setup involves 2 external Chase Bliss pedals being controlled via MIDI with a 5-pin/TRS converter box.

My goal:

I want to use the looper in the FM3 and have the pedals’ effects printed BEFORE they hit the looper so each loop can have a specific set of effects. FM3 has 2 Effects Send/Returns.

Any ideas? 91AF3759-0C6B-4963-8403-5809A4E4D5A5.jpeg

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're asking, you would put the two pedals in the effects loop of the FM3 as described on page 37 of the manual with the OUT2 -> IN2 blocks somewhere in your chain before the LOOPER block. I think you could also use the bypass state of the IN2 block to switch the pedals in and out of your signal chain as long as you have a shunt between OUT2 and IN2.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're asking, you would put the two pedals in the effects loop of the FM3 as described on page 37 of the manual with the OUT2 -> IN2 blocks somewhere in your chain before the LOOPER block. I think you could also use the bypass state of the IN2 block to switch the pedals in and out of your signal chain as long as you have a shunt between OUT2 and IN2.
Thank you, I really think this might be the answer.

I’m trying to avoid having another device on my board.

I just want to be able to select which effect gets printed on which loop; reverb and delay on loop one, loop 2 dry, etc

I currently just have the two pedals in a traditional daisy chain and that makes every loop go through the effects and that sucks.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom