GCP w/ 7 pin MIDI cable help

facefirst

I accidentally purchased a Rocktron 5pin-7pin MIDI cable. Is there any way to actually make this work with the Ultra? I tried plugging the 5 pin end into the GCP and the 7 pin end into the Ultra. I tried plugging the GCP power supply into both the Ultra and the adapter plug on the Rocktron pedal to no avail. Thanks.

Here's the cable.
DV016_Jpg_Large_331270_coiled.jpg

No, it won't work with bi-directional communication. Although it is a 5 to 7 pin cable only 5 (3 midi, 2 power) of the 7 pins are wired. You need a cable with all the pins wired.

Get the one from bestronics.
FAS03-XX

Yeah, I want to be able to use phantom power. Looks like I'll just get a 7pin MIDI cable and send this one back.

The cable you have now should work as I described in the first reply. Did you try that? I use one with a Rocktron MidiMate and have read about it working with the GCP.

I think Javajunkie assumed you were using an MFC-101. Bidirectional communication isn't possible with a GCP.

The cable you have now should work as I described in the first reply. Did you try that? I use one with a Rocktron MidiMate and have read about it working with the GCP.

I think Javajunkie assumed you were using an MFC-101. Bidirectional communication isn't possible with a GCP.

yeah, sorry about that.

Back
Top Bottom