Gate problem ...

BMH

Inspired
I read where the Gate/Expander can be setup to operate like a Decimater .... by setting the input to Input 1 ...

When I do that in the editor, it will not save it back to the Axe ... it changes to Row 4. This also makes the preset go dead ...

Am I doing something wrong in the setup of the Gate, or is this a bug?

It appears I can set this up on the Axe directly, and it saves correctly. I just don't want to report this as a bug until I am sure I am doing this right ...

BMH said:
I read where the Gate/Expander can be setup to operate like a Decimater .... by setting the input to Input 1 ...

When I do that in the editor, it will not save it back to the Axe ... it changes to Row 4. This also makes the preset go dead ...

Am I doing something wrong in the setup of the Gate, or is this a bug?

It appears I can set this up on the Axe directly, and it saves correctly. I just don't want to report this as a bug until I am sure I am doing this right ...

It sounds like a bug in the editor. There is a place to report bugs in the Software Editor forum.

Can you tell me how to set up the gate to act as a decimator ?

When you say gate, are you refering to the stock gate (standard on each preset) in the layout portion of each preset (3 rd page over), or are you talking about gates that you add as blocks in the chain.

Thanks

I got it, thanks !!!

Gate Expander as an effect block in the chain. I see the scsel setting & changed it to input 1.

...wait, who the heck am I talking to ?????

jlagana2002 said:
I got it, thanks !!!

Gate Expander as an effect block in the chain. I see the scsel setting & changed it to input 1.

...wait, who the heck am I talking to ?????

that is it. When I was using this method, Cliff did explain that this really isn't necessary on the Axe-fx because the effect like the drives and amp blocks to not generate self-noise. In other words, if there isn't an input going into them then they will not hiss or anything so placing the gate after the amp really doesn't help anything in that regard. There are reason to place the gate in different locations but that may not be a particularly beneficial one.

Back
Top Bottom