Gas'ing

Morgan

Inspired
In an absolutely unshocking turn of events, i have GAS....

I already own
- 1974 Les Paul Custom
- 1999 R9
- 2010 R0
- ESP Eclipse II
- ESP Snakebyte

I want something... different but i don't know what, although i'd like both 24 frets, and a tremolo since none of my guitars have either.
I've tried and tried, but i just can't bond with Fenders...
I demoed a few PRS C24's, and while none were in the type of finish i'd lust over, they were fine guitars.

So far considering PRS C24 or Ibanez j custom or prestige. Anything else you fine folks would recommend?
I'd gas over amps or pedals normally.. but... cliff killed that puppy.

I recently picked up a Marty Friedman signature Kelly w/ Floyd ...I'm enjoying her! You're missing a BC Rich and an old Kramer from your list as well 8)

I just picked up a used HH Suhr Pro Series S3, and it is fantastic. This was after returning a new 30th Anniversary PRS C24 (I felt exactly the same way about it: great fit and finish, but just wasn't "feeling it" when playing). I also have the same impression of Fenders, and even though the Suhr is "based on" the Fender design, to me it's light years beyond any Fender I've played. It feels more like a more refined hybrid of my EBMM Axis Sport and JP6 (Music Man also makes very decent guitars).

EDIT: The S3 is a shorter-scale, but a Suhr Modern would get you 24 frets if that was a priority.

I'll see if I can find a local dealer with suhr's.
Where did you pick up the c24 from?
I've been keeping an eye on wildwest and Brian's. Some nice guitars at mostly reasonable price. I'm a little worried about all the braz fretboard ones though. Not sure I'd want to be stuck with a guitar that can't leave the country.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Got the C24 at Dave's Guitars (was in looking at '14 R9's, but couldn't find one significantly better than my '13 R8). Dave's unfortunately is not a Suhr dealer; it was a used guitar that he happened to have in at the time and I tried it on a whim.

Ya davez has some nice guitars. For Les Paul's I typically check grinning elk and marks guitar loft.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ernie Ball Music Man Axis. It's like everything you like about an LP, but with a faster neck and dive bomb trem.

Back
Top Bottom