Gary Moore - Parisienne Walkways sample

levipeto

Fractal Fanatic
I have a friend who is hardcore tube-guy. He challenged me to recreate his sound with the Axe-FX 2

His Set up:
Boss OD1,
Marshall JCM 800 2203,
EVM12L 2x12,
EV blue cardinal mic, off axis,
Gibson SG standard 498 pickup

and that's how his rig sounds:

I tried to recreate it and record it in 30 mins. I used my Slash LP for the recording and the Rumble 4x12 EV12L Mix

I wish he gave me the backingtrack.

What do you think?

Update with Fw11.00 content:

PRESET:
http://gotpreset.com/axefx/ui.php?id=487

Last edited:
Sounds really close! Not sure if its the lack of the backing track, but your tone has slightly more pick attack than his. I personally like your tone better :) but that the difference I notice. Could just be a difference in the way you both play too though. Nice work man, your buddy might have to admit defeat on this one.

Sounds really close! Not sure if its the lack of the backing track, but your tone has slightly more pick attack than his. I personally like your tone better :) but that the difference I notice. Could just be a difference in the way you both play too though. Nice work man, your buddy might have to admit defeat on this one.

+1

Terry.

Sounds very close to me, although it IS an SG vs an LP, which will make it always a little different, especially if you use his EXACT settings. All in all, job well done! :encouragement:

I think it could be closer with Off-Axis mic position, but I didn't have any 12L speaker IR with that.

Sounds great man! That is a straight up Gary Moore tone if I heard one. Can you fly the lead into the backing track for a closer comparison? Might be fun.

Thank you guys, but I don't deserve the credit. All I did just set up the (almost) same rig and used the guy's settings. I tried to get the same speaker with the same mic from the FAS CAB PACK 2.

That's all.

The credit goes to Cliff, nailing the amps!

Really freaking awsome. Have heard him many times on stage. One time with a perfect FOH mix that just nailed your clip.

Back
Top Bottom