FXL problem

L

luke

Something happened.

I have a patch along line 2.

On line 4 I have the FXL loop return to play MP3s through my Axe.

It worked fine now my guitar part, line 2, is silent.

If I go to line 4 and delete FXL, line 2 works again

Ideas?

Make sure there is no connection between line 2 and the FXL block. Route the FXL block to line 2 or directly to the output block. Also check the bypass setting of the FXL block.

There is no connection between lines 2 and 4.

Line 4 is simply Input....FXL....Output

It worked yesterday now it doesn't.

The FX Loop doesn't have a Return block. Are you sure you're not using the Feedback Return block?

How do you play the mp3? I was wondering today if there was a way to play the mp3 and solo at the same time using the axe. Is this what your doing? Right now I just use both channels on my monitor. One for the axe and one for my computer. Is there a better way to do this using the fx loop?

I've been inputting the MP3s on line 4 and it mixes in and both come out in stereo.

Turns out you have to use FXL as I was, but only Output 1 works. No idea why you can hook monitors to Output 2 and get sound.

Copy Out 1 to 2 is defeated when an FXL block is in the preset. You can route the guitar signal chain to the FXL block to send it to Out 2. (If you also want to send mp3/whatever from In 2 to Out 2, the feedback send & return blocks are needed.)

You probably have Copy Out1 to Out2 set to On in I/O.
This enables output through Out2, identical to Out1.

But when you insert a FXL block, it disables the Copy Out1 to Out2 functionality, instead outputting the signal entering the FXL block to Out2.

That's probably why Line 2 works again after removing FXL.

FXL (block) - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Copy Out 1 to 2 is defeated when an FXL block is in the preset. You can route the guitar signal chain to the FXL block to send it to Out 2. (If you also want to send mp3/whatever from In 2 to Out 2, the feedback send & return blocks are needed.)

Can you elaborate?

You probably have Copy Out1 to Out2 set to On in I/O.
This enables output through Out2, identical to Out1.

But when you insert a FXL block, it disables the Copy Out1 to Out2 functionality, instead outputting the signal entering the FXL block to Out2.

That's probably why Line 2 works again after removing FXL.

FXL (block) - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Is there no way to disable this? I don't use the FXL as an effects loop, but as a secondary input. I have a Roland GR-55 and I sometimes add synths to my guitar sound, which I only want to join up at the end of the signal chain for some reverb before going to my speakers. When doing shows, I like the idea of Output 1 going to FOH and Output 2 controlling my speakers, but with this setup, it's now impossible.

The only work around I can think of is using the Feedback Loop, but this greatly limits the number of effects I have have on my guitar in a patch. I'm already using the Feedback Loop to extend my available grid spots for my guitar signal chain.

The only work around I can think of is using the Feedback Loop, but this greatly limits the number of effects I have have on my guitar in a patch. I'm already using the Feedback Loop to extend my available grid spots for my guitar signal chain.

Smart use of blocks in parallel rows can solve this.
Butlet's try to no hijack this thread. ;-)

You can feed the FXL block input with your processed guitar signal for your monitor copy and use the FXL output to play your mp3 at the same time. Just place the FXL almost at the end of the grid to still have enough space for effects before the FXL output.

You can feed the FXL block input with your processed guitar signal for your monitor copy and use the FXL output to play your mp3 at the same time. Just place the FXL almost at the end of the grid to still have enough space for effects before the FXL output.

I'm probably stupid but could you please explain in another way? Maybe a picture of a drawing? Or a screendump of a patch from axe edit. But since AE is not working right now that's why I proposed the drawing.
Regards Jesper

There's nothing to explain there:
Simply put your FXL block at the end of the grid, connect the right side of the FXL block with the OUTPUT and connect the last guitar effect in your preset with the left side of the FXL block. Then split your guitar signal chain and connect it with the OUTPUT aswell.

I use that setup. Actually I have 3 rows, number 2 is the fxloop (roland gr20), connected only at the output of the grid. Then row 3 is my electric signal, and row 4 is my piezo signal. It all sounds wonderful, you can adjust the fxloop signal and even set it bypassed on different scenes.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Smart use of blocks in parallel rows can solve this.
Butlet's try to no hijack this thread. ;-)

(Shamelss further hijacking)

Unfortunately I've got too many serial effects to save enough space that way. I suppose my workaround is to put the FXL last, and just use the GR-55's reverb for the synth patches. I'd prefer to have share the same reverb for everything (plus the Axe reverb sounds much better), but I guess that won't be possible for my setup.

It would be nice to have a way to disable the disabling of Copy 1->2 Out. I understand it's importance in avoiding accidental feedback loops (of the bad variety), but for those of us who aren't actually using it as a loop, that's not an issue.

Sweet! Can you point me in the right direction to learn how to set this up? Much appreciated.
as it is now all you need to play MP3's is to have the Axe input on analog and then with the USB plugged to the Axe you can select the Axe Fx USB in to play directly any audio stream from your computer, it will merge with the Axe output 1

Back
Top Bottom