FX8 V4.00 Public Beta

J

joe rogers

Hey folks, the FX8 V4.00 Public Beta is now available for download. Please be advised, this is a BETA RELEASE, and as such may contain unforeseen bugs. Please install at your own risk. As with all new firmware installations, we highly recommend you back up your FX8 using Fractal-Bot before installation.

PLEASE ENSURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE CORRECT FIRMWARE FOR YOUR MODEL (Original or MARK II):

FX8 Orginal V4.00 Public Beta
FX8 Mark II V4.00 Public Beta

Release Notes:

FX8 V4.00 provides support for the DRIVE block improvements introduced in the Axe-Fx Quantum 5.0.

Additions:

· Improved diode clipping algorithms in Drive block. As a result the following Drive models have been rematched:

o Rat Dist
o Super OD
o T808 OD
o T808 MOD
o Plus Dist
o Esoteric ACB
o Esoteric RCB
o Zen Master
o Ruckus​

· Optimized the DRIVE block to improve run-time performance 1% - 2% (your mileage may vary).

Fixes:

· Fixed a bug where attempting edit an empty block on the footswitch grid disabled the soft knobs.

· Activating a control switch attached to a modifier no longer triggers a refresh when attached to FX8-Edit.

Last edited by a moderator:
And lunch was delicious. Drives are on a whole 'nuther level, at least what I had time to try. The Ruckus now sounds like I remember my Riot sounding, much different gain structure than before and it sounds good with the default settings; dial in to taste.

Thanks for making the beta available so quickly! I've been reading the comments on the AFX and AX8 forums and was hoping we wouldn't have to wait too long to sample the new drives.

Installed without a glitch & on first listen I can 'feel' the difference.... IMHO the best firmware update yet. I have had my FX8 for a year now & it continues to amaze me

Thank you Fractal

Happy tone hunting
JD

Definite difference in the reworked drives, much more character to them and added 'girth' to my ear. I've had my FX8 for almost a year as well and use it exclusively pretty much every weekend and at home. Messing around with the drives after the update, I've found them so much easier to dial in. Thanks so much!

Wow - this firmware update is an unexpected, nice improvement for my T808mod-OD :)

I am currently recording a song with a Marshall crunch gain structure, a Fender Stratocaster and the T808mod in front (old school volume knob / PU-switching).

With this firmware the T808mod-OD is less woolly, has a better note separation and contributes even more to a Marshall amp sound character in IMO. This applies especially for my Kinman Av69 Neck pickup.

Thanks to the Fractal team for ongoing fun with my FX8 :)

Guys , the new BBpreamp is incredible! Seems more dynamic than the real one! with high level of drive it cleans up if you play softer or lowering guitar volume ...It's Awesome !! Thank FAS! ( I Hope soon we'll see a Q5 fuzzes)

Last edited:
Hey folks, the FX8 V4.00 Public Beta is now available for download.

Release Notes:

FX8 V4.00 provides support for the DRIVE block improvements introduced in the Axe-Fx Quantum 5.0.
Hi Joe, as I said in an old post: the looper has a problem with long notes accross the start point. This is bad with swells, e-bow's lines and others things that go accross the END/start point and I have to use an external Looper! Any plan to fix it?

Guys , the new BBpreamp is incredible! Seems more dynamic than the real one! with high level of drive it cleans up if you play softer or lowering guitar volume ...It's Awesome !! Thank FAS! ( I Hope soon we'll see a Q5 fuzzes)
BB was not listed as one of the pedals rematched

Thanks for the explanation Cliff. I thought a few of the other drives sounded better as well, but I'm blown away by how nice the Ruckus sounds now.

It wasn't rematched but it benefits from the new diode modeling algorithms. Any Drive that uses the Ge, Silicon or LED types benefits.

I couldn't find my BB Preamp to rematch it. I found it today under a pile of papers on my desk.
So do all drives basically benefit and just some were reworked? Will they all eventually be reworked or do some just not needed it. Finally what BB do you have? The original, updated one, the mid boost, comp one or maybe the AT?

It wasn't rematched but it benefits from the new diode modeling algorithms. Any Drive that uses the Ge, Silicon or LED types benefits.

I couldn't find my BB Preamp to rematch it. I found it today under a pile of papers on my desk.
Really........do all genius's have cluttered desks.....lol.....:)

Back
Top Bottom