FX8 switching lag when turning stomps on and off quickly

Janek

In other thread I found something which is my big problem:

"Switching lag when turning stomps on and off quickly – there are times where the system has to ‘think’ before it disengages or engages an effect (even in pedalboard mode with X/Y turned off). It doesn’t happen always and it is more noticeable for me as I tend to have parts in songs where I switch FX on and off quite quickly. When this happens the lights don’t come on instantly either."

I also found this on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qG_Sk6OHsI

Disabling a looper is the only solution?

It's really disappointing for me.
Unit sounds great, and I spend a lot of money on it, this is basics for me, and even line6 M9 can switching without a lag.
I hope this could be fixed in next firmware update, or maybe there is some way now?

Are you sure you're releasing the footswitch fully? As I'm sure you're aware, effects on/off happens on release of the button. Not press like the M9. if this is your issue, you can change in in the Fx8.

When I turned off X/Y, my switching became instantaneous. Including amp relay changes. Really quite seamless. Just do what people recommend.

It would be nice to have X/Y option and no latency on switch, but it works for now, great thanks.

It would be nice to have X/Y option and no latency on switch, but it works for now, great thanks.

Turn X/Y back on, and then set one of your Function switches to "SINGLE X/Y" or "STICKY X/Y". This will give you X/Y capabilities, but have the same effect on the Bypass switches.

Turn X/Y back on, and then set one of your Function switches to "SINGLE X/Y" or "STICKY X/Y". This will give you X/Y capabilities, but have the same effect on the Bypass switches.

When you disable X/Y press/hold in settings, that doesn't disable X/Y functionality entirely, does it? The release notes (which I'm sure you wrote lol?) say that assigning SINGLE/STICKY X/Y to a switch will automatically disable X/Y press/hold anyway. To me, the description of that setting doesn't sound like it should be completely disabling X/Y - just the ability to access it via long press/hold.

When you disable X/Y press/hold in settings, that doesn't disable X/Y functionality entirely, does it? The release notes (which I'm sure you wrote lol?) say that assigning SINGLE/STICKY X/Y to a switch will automatically disable X/Y press/hold anyway. To me, the description of that setting doesn't sound like it should be completely disabling X/Y - just the ability to access it via long press/hold.

You are correct. If you globally disable press and hold for X/Y, and then assign a Function key to one of the X/Y functions, you can still select X/Y. You can still use scenes as well. That global setting just gives you an option to disable the Press and Hold, without having to assign a function key.

Are you sure you're releasing the footswitch fully? As I'm sure you're aware, effects on/off happens on release of the button. Not press like the M9. if this is your issue, you can change in in the Fx8.

Hey, what is this particular setting called? Is this the same as the X/Y global setting others are mentioning? New FX8 owner here, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom