FX8 Foot Switches engage when you remove your foot.

Simon21

Hi fellow FX8 Users. Is there a way to enable the foot switches to engage when you hit the switch rather than when you remove your foot? It's making my amp channel switching a bit slow or am I missing something and it's just me thats a bit slow !! Thanks everyone.

I will try and find a way to disable the hold function on buttons 1-8. I don't hold the buttons to enable the Y function because I have there state programmed already per scene. Thanks for your help.

Hi fellow FX8 Users. Is there a way to enable the foot switches to engage when you hit the switch rather than when you remove your foot? It's making my amp channel switching a bit slow or am I missing something and it's just me thats a bit slow !! Thanks everyone.
Yes.

You can either set one of the 3 function switches (SCENE, LOOPER or TEMPO) to "SINGLE X/Y" OR "STICKY X/Y". Or, you can disable "PRESS AND HOLD FOR X/Y" in the global menu. If you do any of these, press and hold is disabled on footswitches 1 - 8. The first two options give you an alternative method for switching X/Y with a footswitch.

Yes.

You can either set one of the 3 function switches (SCENE, LOOPER or TEMPO) to "SINGLE X/Y" OR "STICKY X/Y". Or, you can disable "PRESS AND HOLD FOR X/Y" in the global menu. If you do any of these, press and hold is disabled on footswitches 1 - 8. The first two options give you an alternative method for switching X/Y with a footswitch.

Does the disabling x/y think actually change how the footswitches activate. Ie Does it engage on down instead of up?

Does the disabling x/y think actually change how the footswitches activate. Ie Does it engage on down instead of up?
yes.

the only way for a switch to determine if you are tapping or holding is to activate on the "up" for a tap.

once you disable the hold functions, it doesn't have to determine anything, so a tap engages on the downstroke.

i highly suggest leaving the Hold features in tact. they give you another layer of functionality.

if you can change your technique so you "slap" the switch quickly instead of a slow press, placing your weight on to the switch, you can really avoid any lag due to the switch engaging on the Up. i don't even really do that and i don't feel any lag from the Up.

i think many of us get stuck in certain habits - pressing switches a certain way, using certain amps, setting EQ a certain way without hearing anything - and we can all benefit from trying things a new way. of course, do whatever works for you, but give it a try and you may be surprised.

i highly suggest leaving the Hold features in tact. they give you another layer of functionality.

if you can change your technique so you "slap" the switch quickly instead of a slow press, placing your weight on to the switch, you can really avoid any lag due to the switch engaging on the Up. i don't even really do that and i don't feel any lag from the Up.

i think many of us get stuck in certain habits - pressing switches a certain way, using certain amps, setting EQ a certain way without hearing anything - and we can all benefit from trying things a new way. of course, do whatever works for you, but give it a try and you may be surprised.
I only use scenes so x/y is useless to me. That being said.. if we do get total control over footswitches I may turn it back on. : )

If I am right I think that if you do disable the X/Y switching on the 1-8 switches you can still have X/Y options selected with scenes so you can still have that functionality/versatility.

I want to try it the way it is by default a while and see if it has something to offer. My first inclination was to change it, but there might be something to this and it might actually get me off my lazy butt to do the preset work I have been putting off for the last year!

I want to try it the way it is by default a while and see if it has something to offer. My first inclination was to change it, but there might be something to this and it might actually get me off my lazy butt to do the preset work I have been putting off for the last year!

I think the new firmware is going to make a lot of people redo all of their presets ;)

I currently use the XY, not in a gig setting or anything. I do like the idea of it. it can lead to another pedal/setting, or I think of it as push down type of expression pedal.

If I am right I think that if you do disable the X/Y switching on the 1-8 switches you can still have X/Y options selected with scenes so you can still have that functionality/versatility.

Does anyone have any step by step instructions on how this is done for the FX8?

Back
Top Bottom