FX3 won't connect by USB anymore

bxlgotham

Inspired
Same MacBook, suddenly stopped connecting when I plug the USB cable into the Mac. I change the adaptor, and restarted Mac and FX3, no avail.

Try a new cable.

Try a new port on the computer.

Check the editor preferences for Ports. Make sure the correct ports are selected.

How long is your USB cable?

Are you connected to a hub? If so, try connecting directly.

I tried the same a while ago. I had not moved my laptop at all and one morning no connection. First i tried some random cable from my printer without luck. Got a better cable with that metal ring near one end. Problem solved.

Try Windows based laptop, or another machine. Maybe port on your MAC malfunctions, maybe driver, USB controller etc. That way you knowif it AxeFx or your laptop.

My FM3 did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I know it's the FM3 because my Axe Fx II still connects fine. Got a return ticket, but I decided I'm good without the USB. I don't record and I don't think there is going to be any major upgrades (for the FM3) that will make it sound a lot better, and it's no longer under warranty.

Try Windows based laptop, or another machine. Maybe port on your MAC malfunctions, maybe driver, USB controller etc. That way you knowif it AxeFx or your laptop.
Mac does not require drivers.
Also, the new M2 based MacBook's are pretty much bulletproof.
My money is on the cable.....

Back
Top Bottom