Fx3 and the real marshall jubilee

Also, I own the 2525, and have owned the JCM800 Studio. If you do go full on amp, depending on your requirements, don't discount the Studio amps, they are awesome.

the point is this, the amp of my life is silver jubilee, but the axe give me more flexibility, hundred of fx and amp, and a small and light rig (my wife would be happier ). So i would understand from who own both if the jubilee sound is there or is completly different as someone say, of course i speak about the tone, also tro real amp sound a bit difference.

I couldn’t agree more. I adore my 2525 head.
Man try the JCM800 Studio. I had one next to the 100watt head and I preferred the tone and the volume. I also tried the Plexi and whilst that sounded amazing, it just wasn't to my liking.

These things can keep up with a drummer providing you don't need to much clean headroom.

the point is this, the amp of my life is silver jubilee, but the axe give me more flexibility, hundred of fx and amp, and a small and light rig (my wife would be happier ). So i would understand from who own both if the jubilee sound is there or is completly different as someone say, of course i speak about the tone, also tro real amp sound a bit difference.
If you were to ask me, and I have both then no it does not sound the same. I do think you are very much like me, I had a tone in my head I wanted, that Slash UYI lead sound, and I found I preferred other amp sounds in the end.

Honestly, I would try the SJ Studio and go from there.

As someone offered, send some Di samples across and they will reamp them for you (I think that's what they said)

I fully understand.
But not even two SJ will sound the same because of tolerances from parts like capacitors, pots, etc.
And keep in mind, that with the Axe you will always hear a amp with a cab and microphone.

The Friedman BE100 Deluxe was my dream amp and I bought it two years ago.
I can nail it’s sound for 100% with the axe but…
After trying different amps and cabs in the axe the Friedman is still a good amp but not my favourite anymore.

^^ this is spot on, I had two and they were different. Also the whole rig sounded different from time to time.

From what I can tell you need to have the “real thing” and would be best buying the 2555x or 2525 and basing your rig around that.

If you get to a point where you can accommodate an AXE-FX III or something similar to support with effects and a wider tonal palette then great.

Alternatively the only way to completely answer your question and to make a decision is for you to order an AXE-FX III and a 2555x and load IR box and compare while making appropriate use of return policies.

The subjective opinions of others is no substitute for hearing it for yourself and making a decision.

I fully understand.
But not even two SJ will sound the same because of tolerances from parts like capacitors, pots, etc.
And keep in mind, that with the Axe you will always hear a amp with a cab and microphone.

The Friedman BE100 Deluxe was my dream amp and I bought it two years ago.
I can nail it’s sound for 100% with the axe but…
After trying different amps and cabs in the axe the Friedman is still a good amp but not my favourite anymore.
Hi Sashman

I actually put these exact point (two SJs bot sounded the same and the amp/microphone) in my original post but it was getting a bit wordy.

Maintenance, tubes, how hot you run an amp day to day will affects its overall tone.

When I owned the Kemper the debate always raged as to why the Kemper never sounded like the amp with some not realising that an amp playing at your legs is not the same sound as what comes out the PA, and that's what the Kemper/Axe sounds like.

I would argue that the Cab and the choice of microphone was more important than the amp head itself.

Your experience with the Friedman is the same as mine with the SJ.

Mike

^^ this is spot on, I had two and they were different. Also the whole rig sounded different from time to time.

From what I can tell you need to have the “real thing” and would be best buying the 2555x or 2525 and basing your rig around that.

If you get to a point where you can accommodate an AXE-FX III or something similar to support with effects and a wider tonal palette then great.

Alternatively the only way to completely answer your question and to make a decision is for you to order an AXE-FX III and a 2555x and load IR box and compare while making appropriate use of return policies.

The subjective opinions of others is no substitute for hearing it for yourself and making a decision.
Or skip the 2555 and go 2525 + FM3. Probably about the same cost.

That is a great solution and give me the possibility to have the post fx effect.
The other possibility is not going with fractal and buy the head+ox amp, maybe the better solution for the best tone from amp.
Personally I didn't like the Ox, and it's extremely overpriced. I went with the Two Notes Reload and the Two Notes Captur which where much better (plus you get Wall of Sound free)

Having used both, if I was to do it again, I'd get the cheaper Captur, the Reload was overkill and the reamping feature was not great to me.

The new white Captur I think you can load IR's into too whereas the old black versions had crap EQ curves.

Just a thought.

Oh if you are using the Ox to just attenuate the sound I wouldn't bother as the SJ has a master volume anyway. If you want to record into a PC then that's a different story and the Captur will do that for you.

If you wanted the ultimate for that setup and you ditched the Ox, you could probably go 2525 with FM3 in a 4CM loop for pre and post effects and the Captur running between your speaker out and your sound card.

Be aware with the Captur are sold by the OHM so match it to the amp.

Sorry but thinking out loud, with this setup you could Tonematch your favourite settings into the FM3 and use that for gigging and practicing as a portable rig.... Lot of options.

That is a great solution and give me the possibility to have the post fx effect.
The other possibility is not going with fractal and buy the head+ox amp, maybe the better solution for the best tone from amp.
I have an Ox Box… love that thing. It’s a whole post in itself. The best at what it does, which is far, far more than make loud amps quieter.

Ive read literally hundreds of threads like this one since joining the forum after switching to FAS in 2011. No one is ever going to get that SJ out of your head in favor of anything else. You‘d be best to buy the exact amp you’ve been dreaming of, and come to your own conclusions. Maybe it’s the panacea you thought. Maybe the reality of dealing with making an amp built for volume work in your world might take the shine off. Or maybe, like me and many others, you’ll find out that your favorite amps, a Fractal unit, an Ox Box, and whatever can all live in perfect harmony. Add the FM3 when you can and let your ears tell you. Fractal Audio just keeps getting more popular, so it appears they weather the real-world comparisons very well.

But get what you want. Anything else is “making do,” and unlikely to actually answer any questions for you. Just another 2 cents from someone who’s been down that road.

Last edited:
Over the years I’ve had three or four original 50W Jubilees and one of the recent 100W reissues. They all sounded different. I had the reissue and Axe Fx III at the same time but I didn’t A/B them extensively. The Axe model is close enough that I don’t miss the real amp. But honestly the Jubilee isn’t in my top 10 in the Axe, there are so many other great models that work as well or better for me.

I have an Ox Box… love that thing. It’s a whole post in itself.

Ive read literally hundreds of threads like this one since joining the forum after switching to FAS in 2011. No one is ever going to get that SJ out of your head in favor of anything else. You‘d be best to buy the exact amp you’ve been dreaming of, and come to your own conclusions. Maybe it’s the panacea you thought. Maybe the reality of dealing with making an amp built for volume work in your world might take the shine off. Or maybe, like me and many others, you’ll find out that your favorite amps, a Fractal unit, an Ox Box, and whatever can all live in perfect harmony. Add the FM3 when you can and let your ears tell you. Fractal Audio just keeps getting more popular, so it appears they weather the real-world comparisons very well.

But get what you want. Anything else is “making do,” and unlikely to actually answer any questions for you. Just another 2 cents from someone who’s been down that road.
Haha, I didn't like the Ox, as someone said ask 100 musicians a question get 100 different answers.

Totally agree, if you have a sound in your head, buy the sound.... Then sell it and buy an Axe lol

Haha, I didn't like the Ox, as someone said ask 100 musicians a question get 100 different answers.

Totally agree, if you have a sound in your head, buy the sound.... Then sell it and buy an Axe lol
Oh yeah, nothing’s for everybody. It was a perfect fit for me.

Same for my solution. Lol. But for me, it’s like wanting the hot girl. Yes, there are other girls, some similar, some “better.“ But you want this one. There’s only one way to know! In that example, however, it doesn’t work harmoniously to have all options at once!

Back
Top Bottom