fx loop return question ?

stef herbuel

Inspired
can the signal who is coming in the fx return be routed in parallel and go direct out ?
let me explain :
i want to do that : guitar - axe fx (stomps, amp, effect...) then to the effect send go to my amp (without speaker sim)....

so as i also want to run direct PA i have to put cab sim after the effect return , BUT , in the effect return i wanted to put some other device (guitar synth for exemple)
so will the guitar synth in the effect return will pass thru the cab sim ? or can it be routed direct OUT ?

hope you anderstand, my english is bad :-(
thanks for your help
stephane

Yes, but you would have split the effects loop off into a new row and place shunt to the end of the matrix. This will send the signal (w/0 the cab) to your amp, return a signal (whatever device you put into input 2 pass it down the line (on a row w/ the cab sims) the the output 1 mixer.

thanks again javajunkie, that's great !
stephane

BTW : if effect stereo are before the cab, what will i have to do : does "stereo cab" accept stereo signal ? or will i have to take 2 separate mono cab ?

javajunkie said:
Yes, but you would have split the effects loop off into a new row and place shunt to the end of the matrix. This will send the signal (w/0 the cab) to your amp, return a signal (whatever device you put into input 2 pass it down the line (on a row w/ the cab sims) the the output 1 mixer.

could you tell me if it's like this ? (i've put my effect "parallel") :
axefx2.jpg

signal on the send : my amp+ effect without cab sim
signal on the return : only my guitar synth, who is mix direct in the out with the guitar signal with cab sim

or do i have to put 2 mono cab to keep the stereo delay and chorus (i would put a cab in "stereo mode" but i don't know if the "input" of this mode is stereo or not...)

thanks again for your great help :)
stephane

stef herbuel said:
javajunkie said:

could you tell me if it's like this ? (i've put my effect "parallel") :
axefx2.jpg

signal on the send : my amp+ effect without cab sim
signal on the return : only my guitar synth, who is mix direct in the out with the guitar signal with cab sim

or do i have to put 2 mono cab to keep the stereo delay and chorus (i would put a cab in "stereo mode" but i don't know if the "input" of this mode is stereo or not...)

thanks again for your great help :)
stephane

Yes that look about right for parallel effects. You really ought not need the mixer blocks at the end, the output has its own mixer built in. No need to add mixer blocks, just go the last page of menus in the layout section and the mixer is there.

thanks a lot, again...

so what is the "utility" of "fx block" ? (and i don't understand the "feedback" block too...

thanks javajunkie, you're really "helpfull" (don't know if it's the right word, sorry :))

stef herbuel said:
thanks a lot, again...

so what is the "utility" of "fx block" ? (and i don't understand the "feedback" block too...

thanks javajunkie, you're really "helpfull" (don't know if it's the right word, sorry :))

The fx block is how you connect to input and output 2. It works much like an standard effects loop block.

The feedback send and return blocks simply takes the signal (feedback send) and sends it anywhere else in the effects matrix (feedback return).

You can use this if you run out of room in a row. Just put the feedback send after your last effect and then put the feedback return on another row in an earlier column. This will allow you to add more than 12 blocks in a row.

You can also use it if you want input and output 2 to be an independent effect line (say for another guitar). On its own row, go feedback return->fx loop block->effect #1->effect #2->etc.->effects loop send.

Now input and output 2 will be independent of input and output 1

There a tons of other uses.

again, thanks a lot javajunkie !!

javajunkie said:
stef herbuel said:
thanks a lot, again...

The fx block is how you connect to input and output 2. It works much like an standard effects loop block.

The feedback send and return blocks simply takes the signal (feedback send) and sends it anywhere else in the effects matrix (feedback return).

You can use this if you run out of room in a row. Just put the feedback send after your last effect and then put the feedback return on another row in an earlier column. This will allow you to add more than 12 blocks in a row.

You can also use it if you want input and output 2 to be an independent effect line (say for another guitar). On its own row, go feedback return->fx loop block->effect #1->effect #2->etc.->effects loop send.

Now input and output 2 will be independent of input and output 1

There a tons of other uses.

Back
Top Bottom