FX II why only one expression pedal socket?

If you want to use a second pedal/switch input with the Axe 2 you can use a MIDI Solutions Pedal Controller to add the second input. I haven't tried it yet, but both MIDI Solutions and the Mission Pedal guys say it should work.

I play non-pedal steel guitar, so I'm not sure whether the MFC will work that well; there's the issue of hitting the desired switch from a seated position with my size 12, as well as either not being able to see it or placing it in an awkward position. I could try putting it on a stand, but at least in some venues there just isn't room for that. In those situations I will use either the pedal controller or do something with the custom controller that fret is designing.

It that's the case, your controller's firmware is plain dumb. :)
Perhaps so. I believe it is just doing what I am telling it to do...send all cc values of 0 - 127 for every sweep of the pedal. That's a lot of info for midi to handle if you are sweeping the pedal four times a second. "Smarter" firmware may be able to thin out the data.

Steadystate,

I have a Ground Control Pro, and I have my wah controller plugged into it as well as my volume. I have absolutely zero lag issues, even with fast swells and wah work. I think whatever problems you have experienced were due to the controller you were using.

I have also used the Axe expression inputs on occasion, and they performed the same as the GCPro inputs did.

D

I have just tested my Gordius using my expression pedal via MIDI. It is lightning fast. My problem is my current controller. I now officially don't care if the II has only one pedal input, as I can assign a single pedal to any and as many parameters as I please with a single click of a switch (perhaps by August or September).

This is the one thing I'm not crazy about, either. I've found I mostly get along great without a MIDI board connected at all, just two expression pedals. With the X/Y feature (for amp "channel" switching, finally) this would've been an even more flexible solution.

Oh, well. Can't have everything.

Back
Top Bottom