FX-8 footswitch page?

t0aj15

Power User
I remember reading somewhere (quite some time ago) the explanation for the various ways the efx are displayed on the footswitch page but I can't find it now. Can someone explain what the dotted line, solid line, and solid black surrounding an effect each mean.

Thanks a bunch, that's just what I needed. I just downloaded the manual on the 13th I think so mine doesn't have this info, looks like I'll have to reload the newer version.

The manual is actually incorrect, as this was changed effective V3.01 the footswitch indicators are:

o RAISED (normal or reverse video): Selected for Editing

o NORMAL VIDEO (not raised): Bypassed

o REVERSE VIDEO (not raised): Engaged [This is solid black]

Thanks Joe, now it all makes sense, I just noticed another mistake in the updated manual aside from what Joe pointed out. On page V in the graphic showing the difference in labeling the line below TOP-DOWN FOOTSWITCH NUMBERING reads
The FX8 Mark II is numbered from the top: It should read
The FX8 is numbered from the top:

Last edited:
I'll have these changes made in the PDF this weekend.
What weekend were you referring to exactly. I've checked several times THIS weekend with no changes that I can see. As a new FX8 owner this is important to me, because when YOU guys can't even agree it leaves us mere mortals at a total loss.

What weekend were you referring to exactly. I've checked several times THIS weekend with no changes that I can see. As a new FX8 owner this is important to me, because when YOU guys can't even agree it leaves us mere mortals at a total loss.
And a happy holiday to you too

A constructive reply would be appreciated, otherwise.......why did you even bother to post? :mad:
Not sure where you are, but it's a holiday in the US, and a lot of people are off all week. Demanding that M@ edits a PDF and uploads it on what's probably his week off is maybe not very constructive either?

Not sure where you are, but it's a holiday in the US, and a lot of people are off all week. Demanding that M@ edits a PDF and uploads it on what's probably his week off is maybe not very constructive either?
I'm also in the US. The reason for this reply is because of Admin M@'s reply to my post. "I'll have these changes made in the PDF this weekend." (5 Posts ^)
If it weren't for that I never would have gone there, so thank you for your misguided direction about............A WEEK OFF for thanksgiving...are you NUTS? As a retired carpenter I and most of america could NEVER afford to take a whole week off for thanksgiving, it's all about work all day Wednesday, the day before and right back to work on Friday.

Why do you assume a carpenter's holiday schedule would mirror an engineer's at Fractal Audio Systems?

Back
Top Bottom