Fw18... news?

I've assumed that this forum was dominated by 20-somethings to 40-somethings. I'm glad to see that theres a generous supply of old guys like me who are still as passionate about guitar playing as we were when we were 12! I'm 61 and still playing out. And yes, loving 18b7.

Generally speaking, the higher the cost of the hardware/hobby, the older the average forum member.

I'm sure on something like a L6 forum, the average age is going to be lower than on a forum for rigs that cost upwards of $3000.

One of the only good thing about getting older is that it usually comes with a better day job and better means to pay for cool toys LOL. Of course the ironic part of it then becomes that you spend so much time at said job, doing family stuff etc that you don't have much time to play with those toys, whereas, when in your 20's, you may have had tons of freedom/free time as a single guy, but all your money goes to rent, beer et al., and there really isn't much left over to drop a few grand on a hobby.

Plenty of exceptions I'm sure.

Generally speaking, the higher the cost of the hardware/hobby, the older the average forum member.
One of the only good thing about getting older is that it usually comes with a better day job and better means to pay for cool toys LOL. Of course the ironic part of it then becomes that you spend so much time at said job, doing family stuff etc that you don't have much time to play with those toys, whereas, when in your 20's, you may have had tons of freedom/free time as a single guy, but all your money goes to rent, beer et al., and there really isn't much left over to drop a few grand on a hobby.
Amen.

Plenty of exceptions I'm sure.

53 here, and maybe I do have more disposable income than talent, but I'm really happy with, and lucky to have, an XL. But, I'm finding I play more now than I ever did when I had my Germino, TopHat or Mesa rigs, mainly because I can practice through the XL at home (couldn't do that before unless everyone was out).

I also thought this forum was mainly populated by 20-40 year olds. Great to hear there's such a vast span of ages here!

It's true, us old guys do rock. Says so on this here hat (one of my faves to wear around town nowadays).

attachment.php

I've assumed that this forum was dominated by 20-somethings to 40-somethings. I'm glad to see that theres a generous supply of old guys like me who are still as passionate about guitar playing as we were when we were 12! I'm 61 and still playing out. And yes, loving 18b7.

Yep. Going on 52 and enjoying playing now more than ever, thanks in no small part to the Axe! Of course, my wife will say she still has a kid in the house! :lol

Last edited:
Interesting most of the time they post that there is a new update. Guess I have been to busy to notice. Anyway thanks for the heads up.

51 here. Still obsessed with anything guitar. I have an Axe ll and an Ultra. I wish I had these in the 80s. Latest firmware definitely brought it up a notch AGAIN! Amazing time to be a guitar player.

Guess I'll join in the non sequitur age poll. I'm 24.

Can one of the Golden Guys tell me why this happening again? :p just kidding guys! Its nice to have such an age range. Makes for a more interesting and insightful forum experience.

Back
Top Bottom