• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
  • We have updated the rules pertaining to how For Sale/Trade posts are made. Please take a moment to review the announcement here.

FW17.04 x/y settings not saved for controllers in wah block [NOT A BUG]

6stringscott

Inspired
Background:
I have a Credence Clearwater Revival patch set up with multiple scenes, where external controller 2 is used differently in different scenes. In one scene, I use a pedal to control the mix of a volume tremolo for the Born on the Bayou type of sound, to ease it in and out between clear chords. In another scene, I use the same pedal for wah without engaging the volume tremolo at all.

Problem:
I want to have wah totally disabled/disconnected from external controller2 in some scenes, and have it default to bypass but be activated by external controller 2 in other scenes. I thought this would be a simple matter of changing the external controller settings between the X and Y versions of the wah block, but it seems those settings are not independent between the X and Y blocks.

Work-around:
I stuck a mixer in front of the block to choose between the wah or a shunt, and it does what I want now.

But it seems that external controllers should be part of the data associated with the X/Y state of the block. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Controllers are shared between X and Y. Not a bug.

Hmm, don't want to appear trying, but I've been mentioning that issue for months. Shared controllers practically render x/y states useless. Shame.

Maybe it will be remedied one day (soon ;-))?

Back
Top Bottom