• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FW Q9.1 - Plexi 50w Jump - ROCK MIXTEST

Hubi

Veteran
Sounds absolut great and natural!
But when I copy your settings of the Plexi Jumg (exept the PEQ Block - this is a XL Preset?), it sounds really muddy. Are these IR´s you`ve used very bright or the PEQ Block does a great job?

Sounds absolut great and natural!
But when I copy your settings of the Plexi Jumg (exept the PEQ Block - this is a XL Preset?), it sounds really muddy. Are these IR´s you`ve used very bright or the PEQ Block does a great job?
yes, good point! the second IR I've used is indeed very bright..as always it all depends on your guitar and monitoring system! the PEQ has got a high shelf boosting at around 6/8khz if I remember correctly, so that's another thing to keep in mind

wh10

Regular
@ProgressiveRocco Holy grail Marshall tone achieved! Never touch those settings or change firmware version again :).

I naively dialled in the same settings with stock IRs, no PEQ, and my HSS Strat-style guitar. Sounds totally different and I haven't been able to find the awesome tone you got, but congratulations, it's really awesome. I'm hoping to get closer by tweaking Input Trim and trying more IRs.

GuitarStu

Regular
@ProgressiveRocco, you accidentally trolled me. I saw FW Q9.1 and thought, oh boy a new FW is out. Then I realised it was a typo o_O

Awesome tone buddy! And such a simple setup

Last edited:

NightWalker

Forum Addict
@ProgressiveRocco Holy grail Marshall tone achieved! Never touch those settings or change firmware version again :).

I naively dialled in the same settings with stock IRs, no PEQ, and my HSS Strat-style guitar. Sounds totally different and I haven't been able to find the awesome tone you got, but congratulations, it's really awesome. I'm hoping to get closer by tweaking Input Trim and trying more IRs.

same here,i got a pretty good fender strat HSS,and i use the ir`s he mention ML Brit PR75 SM57 A1 but the sound really sucks,its not working for me.

Top Bottom