FW 7.02 Herbie CH3, no pedal, no filters, no eq. wtf, how

erockomania

Experienced

So, I pretty much have always used some sort of pedal in front of amps to get things to tighten up. After Q7 it seems it doesn't need it much anymore.

This is Skervesen Tamandua with Warpigs into Herbie CH3, into OH cab. Done.

No post processing other than a little 2bus EQ, compression and limiting. SUPER tight. lol

riff is a throwaway but you'll get the idea :)

Last edited:
How does it translate to standard 6 string in standard tuning?
i ask because I find most amps get beefy with drop tunings and 7 strings or more.

I agree completely on the recent upgrade to the Herbie patches. A friend of mine owns a hand-built, pre-production prototype Herbert that's built and signed by Peter Diezel himself. It's one of the most ridiculously badass sounding amps that I've ever heard. And one of the only amps that I've played where it sounds better unboosted and really needs no post-production. Old Axe versions of it were always missing something, but since Q7 they're spot on. My patch is Herbie CH2+ into a stereo cab block with a Zilla V30 and Zilla K100 panned left and right, and it sounds dead on like the real deal.

I agree completely on the recent upgrade to the Herbie patches. A friend of mine owns a hand-built, pre-production prototype Herbert that's built and signed by Peter Diezel himself. It's one of the most ridiculously badass sounding amps that I've ever heard. And one of the only amps that I've played where it sounds better unboosted and really needs no post-production. Old Axe versions of it were always missing something, but since Q7 they're spot on. My patch is Herbie CH2+ into a stereo cab block with a Zilla V30 and Zilla K100 panned left and right, and it sounds dead on like the real deal.

These new versions are certainly a lot better. Good to know they are like the real thing!!

So, I pretty much have always used some sort of pedal in front of amps to get things to tighten up. After Q7 it seems it doesn't need it much anymore.

This is Skervesen Tamandua with Warpigs into Herbie CH3, into OH cab. Done.

No post processing other than a little 2bus EQ, compression and limiting. SUPER tight. lol

riff is a throwaway but you'll get the idea :)

So delicious! You're underselling the riff.

Is that a 6-string? If so...what tuning?

Back
Top Bottom