FW 18 and G3 technology tone alteration Thread.

It's a pretty major update. Some amps will be affected more than others. If you don't have the time or inclination to audition and adjust your presets then it would be advisable to NOT update and stay with 17.04.

G3 will be like getting a new Axe-Fx. Think of it that way and then you'll understand what you may or may not have to do.
Rather presumptuous thinking that I would for some weird reason just accept a new free Axe-FX there buddy. :)

If anything I think that should explain why it's taking a bit longer to release. I mean if it was done halfassed and not complete then people would be complaining about it not being ready for primetime......so basically just realize that when it is ready we'll have it and it will work.

You can't say that about a lot of company's products in today's market.

So yes Cliff, I will accept my new, free Axe-FX with G3 technology and promise not to whine in the process.

It's a pretty major update. Some amps will be affected more than others. If you don't have the time or inclination to audition and adjust your presets then it would be advisable to NOT update and stay with 17.04.

G3 will be like getting a new Axe-Fx. Think of it that way and then you'll understand what you may or may not have to do.

That's Mint !!!!!

From everything I've read here on the forums it's going to alter the amp sims for sure. Cliff has stated that he's re-mimic'n all of the amps. As for altering IR's, I'm sure the IR's themselves will not be altered but the way the amp reacts to a cab/IR has improved/changed.

Every sample that's been posted so far has sounded awesome to me.

I know but its usually feel that comes when you're playing. I say this again I've got no regrets of selling my valve amps whatsoever I was struggling to get sounds I wanted where in this situation it takes time buy you see results quick! ;)

To be honest I found my tone in 17.03 but I want to move forward to new axe and the last sentence makes perfect sense to be honest :)

Last edited:
Actually, Cliff never said that G3 will be like an entirely new Axe-Fx. He said that in some cases the difference is much and in other cases it's not too much. I think it will be more of a general realism overhaul than totally different tones.

Sup:D
Actually, Cliff never said that G3 will be like an entirely new Axe-Fx. He said that in some cases the difference is much and in other cases it's not too much. I think it will be more of a general realism overhaul than totally different tones.

Ummm,, Pretty Sure he did,,,,,right here---VVVV:devilish:

MOSHON
DAVE

The G3 stuff is killer, and you won't regret updating. Amps sound and feel even more realistic. I've found myself playing with new amps I never touched before because the improvements made them come alive in a really cool way. Cliff and the gang found a way to close the gap between digital and analog worlds even more.

Sure, it may take some tweaks to refine your tones, but trust me. It's worth taking the time to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom